Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Broken arm cuff

Hotrod65

One side of the upper plastic "U" on the arm cuff cracked in half, anyone had or know of a similar issue? It happened during regular use never dropped or stepped on or anything like that. I sent an email with photo to Minelab but no response yet.

I had the same thing happen & called minelabs number in Illinois which I found on their website and they sent me a free one without hassle immediately.

Interestingly the email I sent to their service address came back undeliverable. I then called their toll free # and they have a recording on advising to leave a message and they will call back in 24 hours. Well still have not heard back so I appreciate Jamie's email, I have sent a request to her will see what happens. Looks like it's time to make a better cuff.

Best of luck with your new cuff Eric, you must have got a defective one I have put mine thru the paces and its going strong. Jamie is the best {I know your watching Jamie LOL} seriously she has been very helpful.
Jeff

The bottom of mine broke, I had to send the broken one in to Radioworld in Toronto before they would replace it, even though I sent pictures of the broken piece, I think it’s crazy to have to pay $5.00 shipping for a broken piece of plastic , they said it’s Minelab policy and they have to send it on to Minelab in Australia , Crazy!!

For Minelab to know what caused the failure they would need the part to inspect and test so that they can come up with an improvement. Warranty repairs cost money and most companies look for ways to solve the problem to keep those costs at a minimum.

laplander said:
Best of luck with your new cuff Eric, you must have got a defective one I have put mine thru the paces and its going strong. Jamie is the best {I know your watching Jamie LOL} seriously she has been very helpful.
Jeff

Just normal easy use Jeff, I do 100% beach nothing under the water though. It snapped right where the upper "U" curves into the part that attaches to the shaft. It flexes very easily there it's clearly a weak spot. So I used super glue to reattach the piece then took a small coffee can which has a nearly identical curve to it and cut out an exact template of the cuff, then attached that with epoxy to the inside of the upper "U". I put a neoprene cover over that so you can't feel the metal. It is very solid now. It will be a back-up cuff should this happen again. Really no reason for a part as simple as that to break, don't know if it is a one time mfg defect or what, but it's only like 1/8" thick in that spot.

Just pick up one of the metal ones for the xterra, works great and fits perfectly! Don't know why they didn't use this one for the Equinox in the first place!

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2460350,2460540#msg-2460540

I like that metal arm rest, can't seem to locate can you PM me on a source?

I made my own out of 4" drain pipe fitting then used JB weld to attach it to the broken upper piece.

Hotrod65 said:

I made my own out of 4" drain pipe fitting then used JB weld to attach it to the broken upper piece.

That was a great idea!

Aaron

Hotrod65 said:

PM Sent

Aaron said:

That was a great idea!

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, It works great so far and it also made it a little narrower which I like as my arm is not that big even with a jacket on. I have a feeling this one will last a long time.