Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Brick masking

gjedda63

A couple of days ago I experienced a strange phenomen, I was teachinga new e-trac owner his machine and located a weak signal and called him over to check it out. To mark the spot I put a small piece og brick over it but he couldnt for his bare mind get anything. We checked settings and tried more but no. I took my own machine to check ,but the signal was gone, couldnt understand why and kicked away the small piece of brick and then bang, the signal appeard again on both machines. Didnt know that brick had masking abilities. Have anyone experienced the same?

it could have been a depth issue, by placing a standard brick over the target you are getting 3 1/2" of hard clay added above the target. some bricks contain small pieces of iron also to give a "rustic" appearance...so this may have been nulled out and masked your target.

I've read about and seen this phenomenon before.
I believe in at least antique bricks, iron oxide (rust) was used to give bricks their color.
That might account for the target masking.

Depending on who made the brick there can be iron oxide in it indeed.

Aha, that explains alot. Think I will experiment a little, see how big objects, they can mask,depth etc..
Thanks.