Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Brayden's new pets: Firebelly Toads...............

Kelley (Texas)

Our Daughter-in-Law, Heather, a fifth grade school teacher, arrived safely back in San Antonio after spending three days attending a science fair vendor show. She brought these nice Firebelly Toads back as a gift for our Grandson, Brayden. She was told that these frogs live in the Amazon area of South America. They get their name from their bright red colored bottom...beautiful when seen in person. I think that they live approximatel 12 years. They eat crickets and worms. I think that these might make good Christmas gifts for my friends. I took these macro photography pictures at the kitchen table using no flash. Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 144304 frog_1.jpg]

[attachment 144305 frog_2.jpg]

[attachment 144306 frog_3.jpg]

[attachment 144307 frog_4.jpg]

[attachment 144308 frog_5.jpg]

[attachment 144309 froginstructions.jpg]

n/t

from their home. You can buy the worms in the fishing department at Wal-Mart. You can also catch crickets in the yard to feed them. I think these frogs are neat. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

one of those frogs got loose in the house. I will never forget the time that a bug shot across the table towards Debbie and she jumped out of that chair...she was pizzed at me for several days. I am thinking about making a cricket trap for Heather and Brayden so that they will not have to buy crickets for those frogs. Kelley (Texas) :)

About 24 hrs before our first real cold snap down here you'll be able to pick up a year's supply of crickets! I don't know why, but just about 24 to 36 hrs before the first freeze of the year in this part of the country, crickets show up by the millions.

as they are not the poison arrow frogs that I saw in Costa Rica:thumbup:

Central and South America. I was of the opinion that the poisonous frogs were the colorful frogs and that the natives used that poison on the tips of the blowgun darts and bow & arrow arrowheads. The instructions that came with the frogs made mention that they should not be handled very much because of a toxic secretion they have on their skin and you should always wash your hands if you do handle them. This leads me to believe that they are poisonous and I am going to talk to Heather again tonight. I would like to thank you for your concern and bringing it to my attention. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)