Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

brass casings?.

m.updyke

is there a way to discriminate 22 shells with the tracker 4?. I've try ed the air test and they don't set the detector off but when there buried they do. was wondering does any other metal act differently when buried?.

I have never tried to DISC them out...have not found many where I hunt...They are brass, and VERY close to the Silver range, so may be very difficult to get rid of them...

HH,

yea i was just curious why they only get detected under ground. even if there laying buried in grass it wont detect it but i millimeter under ground it will.

I dont have one here to test. Are you sure they wont pick up in an air test? seems they should but will be broken and may only give a "hit" every 3rd pass or so. Thats because the machine is trying to discriminate them out.
They are a pain in the butt no matter.

yes they are a pain lol. and yes now that i tried waving them slowly passed they do make a little chirp but nothing like when they are buried. I'm starting to get the hang of this now and boy the more i learn the funner it gets.