Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Box 900

Woodardmm

Hi all. I just purchased a Nox 900; it will be delivered this Saturday. My question is, I live in an area with a very high mineralization content; commonly known as Virginia red clay. I have been watching numerous tutorials on YouTube, but so far none have shown me how to program the machine to compensate for that. I will be going to a salt water beach this summer, and from what I have seen, that will also have a high mineralization content. I’m new at metal detecting, in case you couldn’t tell😉. I have a beginner machine, and there is not an option for ground balancing, which is why I sprung on the 900. I would really appreciate any assistance that you all can provide!! Thank you in advance for any help you give me.

Hi I’ve used the 900 for three months and it’s great in my black sand red sand beaches no problems at all i noise cancel GB and go beach 1
I use park1 field 2 mostly field 2 don’t crank up sensitivity I ran mine 20-23 sometimes maxed and I was fine we have lots of iron and rocks here in Ct and the minelabs are my preferred detectors I have sold my 900 to a friend and now run the Manticore and D2 but for my beaches the Manticore is my first choice quiet as a church mouse especially on my beaches and it hits deep the D2 is good to but I have to mess around with settings and it’s still very noisy.
But I would run the stock mode whichever one you like park or field I also liked 5 tones it’s easier to concentrate when first using it recover y speed will very 4-7 I usually ran and 7 goes plenty deep it’s better in areas where there’s lots of trash .
It’s really a simple great detector that is better At unmasking than the 800 my previous detector.
I hope it works well in your clay only time I’ve dealt with clay is on the river and I had no problems and one spot has yield over 100 silver coin with my 800 then going back over with the 900!
Now I’ll go back with the manticore.
Mark

Hi all. I just purchased a Nox 900; it will be delivered this Saturday. My question is, I live in an area with a very high mineralization content; commonly known as Virginia red clay. I have been watching numerous tutorials on YouTube, but so far none have shown me how to program the machine to compensate for that. I will be going to a salt water beach this summer, and from what I have seen, that will also have a high mineralization content. I’m new at metal detecting, in case you couldn’t tell😉. I have a beginner machine, and there is not an option for ground balancing, which is why I sprung on the 900. I would really appreciate any assistance that you all can provide!! Thank you in advance for any help you give me.
I don’t have a 900, but I have the 800 and it works in red clay/dirt pretty good. Use the machine in different types of conditions, dry days, wet days, warm sunny days and cold windy days To see what works and don’t work. Just coin shoot those tests days don’t worry about silver, that will help you out.
Tony

I live in Central Va. and have detected in areas with that red clay you mentioned.
I am using an 800 and it seems to do very well for me.
I usually do not even ground balance mine although I have done some testing with ground balancing verses not ground balancing.
Here are the settings I have been mostly using for the last three years.
Park 1 mode
Sensitivity at least 22-23 (keep in mind 25 is max on the 800... I think the 900 goes up to 2:geek:
Recovery speed at 4-5
Iron bias F2 at 0
50 tones.... (this is a personal preference)
I do not usually run all metal but have on rare occasions.
The main thing to keep in mind is to not move too fast.. let the detector "see" the target and process it.
Some have found the Equinox to be too complicated, but for me it is very simple to set up and use.
I just push the start button, noise cancel and start detecting.
When detecting at the salt water beach, I use Beach 1 and basically leave all other settings the same as above.
Hopefully this helps you out some.... good luck with that new 900!!