Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bow To The KING. Epilogue

Arkie John

Nope, we never did see much of ole' Indian Lonnie again. That was godo news for us little heathens at Thomas Road.

One thing I remember now that I did not as I wrote the story...Ole Lonnie did take us by surprise one more time.

About three weeks after his most-welcomed departure we were all bowled over when somebody showed us a Courier. Thar in black and white was a lengthy article of ole' Lonnie sittin' atop that 5-foot tall bicycle, his ugly mug grinnin' like a jackass eatin' briars.

Carter said, "Look at that dumba$$ sittin' on that bike lookin all smug and such. We shudda whupped him when we had the chance." Simultaneously we all looked at him like he'd been listenin' to small voices in his head. "Shut up Carter," piped Douglas, all redfaced. We all nodded and glared in agreement with him for a change.

So we continued on with our rat-killin and things got back to normal. One day we all were no more on grandma's front porch. We all got real cars and discovered real girls, puttin' all our fantasies into action.

We passed the torch to my little brother Tom, Carter's little brother, Ray and Butch's little brothers Randy and Joe. Douglas Allen drifted away from us all, choosing to go down a different road. Carter was in and out of the big house for rebel rousin' and such. Butch is a sho-nuff mechanic for a major auto dealership, here in Benton.

As for Tom and me, well, you pretty much know us and how we have fared, praise the Lord.

Life was just great there in Saline County, Arkansas. I know we all look back, regardless of what life has dealt us now, remembering those neat growin' up days...on Thomas Road.

Thanks so much for reading and posting. It makes the 'write' really worthwhile. Have a great and safe fourth. <><

aj

Thank you for taking the time to write. I love those tales of the simple pleasures of our youth.

Take care. Tease Linda for me. :)

sunny skies

M

Enjoyed the story John. There was someone like, or similar to, Lonnie in every neighborhood in those days. I grew up in the country and didn't have much contact with him but our Lonnie was named Jerry. Jerry was a couple of years older than me and was a classic bully. I was big for my age but he was huge, at least 50 pounds heavier than me. We had more than one fight, and although he always won I must have inflicted enough damage the last time we fought that he left me alone afterward. Good story.

n/t

Like most it caused me to remember our own neighborhood tough guy-Frank Scott.I was a big strong kid but he was bigger.We tangled a few times with him always getting the best of me.I thought I had him whipped once-had him pinned with me on top-I made the mistake of getting my face to close to his and he bit my nose! Tore all the hide off of it and it hurt like the dickins! After that I pretty much gave up on ever whipping him and we became friends.:surrender::surrender:

Thanks for a masterful story!

i enjoyed it,i don't remember the pecking order on our street,there must have been about 12 or 13 of us within a couple years age of one another.but like yall as each one got a car or quit school the landscape changed,i moved away and some moved across town only to be replaced by a kid in a new family.

n/t

Good to hear from you.

It's rainin' here for the first time in over a month and life is grand. I think I'll go to work tomorrow for the first time since last Friday! I love it, here on this hilltop.

With the Hilltop and this forum, it dudn't get any better! <><

aj