Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

'bout 80 degrees out and humid as i speak

david(tx)

forecast says we might get rain for the next 4 days with cooler temperatures.while i believe weather goes in cycles,it has been a few years since we've had a hard winter.can remember when it wasn't unusual to have a couple of weeks of below freezing temps for daytime highs every now and then.hasn't been anywhere near that lately.

i think people believe hard freezes cut down on the bug population the following spring but i don't think there's much to that,i hear minnesota has some big skeeters and man it gets cold there,and what about alaska,on the gold prospectors show they would be fighting bug hordes everytime i watched when they were there in the summer.

so i guess i'll just enjoy the mild weather:biggrin:.

n/t

the fire ants seem to proliferate when there's more rain in the spring than usual,but the little domestic ants were bad as i said.maybe the drier winter will head them off some.the ants crawl up the mexia grass stalks and if you walk through they get off on you:rant:.

I never saw a skeeter. Not one. I have been up in Ontario, right after the ice out and never saw so many skeeters, black flys and horse flys. Snow just makes them tougher and pisses them off:starwars:

[attachment 18277 Rossweather.jpg]

Actually, the weather, while cold, has been clear so I can get out arrowheading and detecting. Went today but no joy. Ah well, there is always tomorrow.

Calm seas, fair winds

M

is heading our way. The high temperature Saturday will only be in the upper 40's....cold, blizzard type weather. I have never cared much for cold, winter weather, especially when the wind blows too hard. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Take a metal stake and make a deep hole right smack in the middle of the mound. Then pour a little gasoline in the hole, and then cover the hole with a shovel full of sand. Some folks will throw a lit match in the hole after they pour a little gasoline into the hole in the Fire Ant mound...better stand back if you do it this way!

There is another way to get rid of the Fire Ants...called the "bait and switch" method. Day one, put some food on the Fire Ant mound. Day 2 put some food about one foot from the Fire Ant mound. Each day, move the food one foot further away from the mound. Eventually, the Fire Ants will follow the food until the mound ends up at the edge of your property. When they are at the edge of your property, put some food on the mound for several days. After a few days, the Fire Ants will get fat and lazy, at which time you can throw some gas on them, and then throw a lit match on the mound. They will burn to death...no more Fire Ants. Note: make sure none escape. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

n/t

the weather man says 40's for high's and 30's for lows and chances for rain,but i never believe them till i see it because they usually miss it.it could get colder than that,i see where it's going to get a bunch colder in the panhandle and in the oklahoma city area.

sometimes it's just best to wait and see,hope yall get to miss the cold unless your ready for some:),how's your grandbaby doing?

i'm sure i'll envy you come summer,i walked about 3 miles today for exercise and wore a t-shirt and broke sweat a little bit,sometimes february throws curveballs and can get cold in a hurry when one of those cold fronts out of alberta comes our way.

This will be our first Grandchild. I plan on building a large wood box so that I can start gathering up a few things: BB gun, sling shot, tools for making a tree house, fishing rod and reel, kite making kit, saddle, pocket knife, cowboy hat, baseball glove, pup tent, and goodness knows what else. This is going to be fun! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

he had already arrived, i guess i caught you talking about your wife and daughter-in-law shopping after the fact,instead it was before.wish everyone well anyway.i'm sure you'll do just fine with that box,and you'll probably come up with some other things for it.

your life will never be the same! They can wrap you around your little finger in a heartbeat!! So glad you are going to have a "boy child", as a girl would probably not be acceptable! (No way, just kiddin') :) Do they live close to you?

n/t

I told Heather this evening that she might just as well move in with us because she is over here every day. She stops by the house on her way home from the school where she teaches. We love her very much and are very thankful to have her as a Daughter-in-Law. Heather's folks are also good friends of ours and we spend many holidays together.

I usually tease both her and Debbie and it does not take much to get them to yell. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t