Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bounty Hunter Quick draw II

cgmaddog

I just purchased a Quick Draw II for 10.00 Bucks. Any tips ? Took it out for a quick search found 1 QTR in about 5 minutes. Can't wait to hit the beach with it.
thanks

It works great in the dry sand at the beach, but it's not good at the edge of the salt water. The price was definately right though.
Good luck,Dave

Sounds like you are getting a running start on finding the good stuff. One of my machines is the Pioneer 202, it is the Walmart twin brother to the QDII. I'm impressed with your quick find, but honestly, I am more impressed with your $10 bargain. How in the world did you do that?

It was the best-find I have had. LOL It was at a Liquidator store and he had no idea what it was I asked how much he said 10.00 and I never opened my wallet so quick. I also have a Pioneer 202 and wanted a 2nd one for my son. Now he gets the 202and I keep the Quick draw. Now If only I am as lucky out in the field/Beach.

Mike

Great story! So you didn't tell him he must be mistaken and it is acutually worth 10 times his asking price? :thumbup: Since you own the 202 you already know you've got a great coin fnding machine. You are going to have to look long and hard to find as good a deal as you got this time. You've already got about $190 worth of credit on your new QDII. You were definately in the right place at the right time.

Why can't I ever find deals like that...I would like to find a Time Ranger for even $50.00 That would be a bargain...lol

HH,

BH-LandStar

[quote cgmaddog]I just purchased a Quick Draw II for 10.00 Bucks. Any tips ? Took it out for a quick search found 1 QTR in about 5 minutes. Can't wait to hit the beach with it.
thanks[/quote]

At that rate you'll have it paid for in 3 hours and 20 minutes of hunting! You gotta love tax free income don't you? If you get rich can I have your sand scoop? :)

My tips would be:

1) keep your detector dry
2) keep your swing level with the ground and about 1 inch off the surface
3) keep a constant swing speed (about 2 feet/second)
4) only set your SENS as high as you can without getting false signals and keep the DISC/notch fully CCW to start
5) pump the coil up and down about 6 inches to ground level every time you start to get false signals
6) dig all signals in the 5 cent to screw cap range (that is where the gold is)
7) invest in a good pinpointer
:geek: wear gloves and glasses (sunglasses, safety glasses), and kneepads (you'll thank me later)
9) use a good digging tool (learn how to dig a plug and a flap)
10) FILL IN YOUR HOLES (make a good impression)

HH,

BH-LandStar

Thansk everyuone for the advice and support. Will let you know if I find any good stuff. The beach is only 40. Min and lots of tot lots around.

Mike