Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bought the Sniper!!:bouncy:

I ordered the Sniper Coil and will have it before I go down to Calif to visit my bro's and mom. I can't wait to use it with all that I have heard about it. THAT'S IF THERE IS ANYTHING LEFT DOWN THERE...:hot:

Now I have TWO brothers to compete with. I need warmer weather here..:rage:

The Ace 250 and 4.5 in Snipper is a great combination in trashy areas. The sniper will also get real close to walks (with rebar) metal fenches, metal park benches, playground equip etc. It gets good depth too. The 9x12 is another great coil you might want to look into for a little extra depth in less trashy areas.
HH
KY Bud

[quote john 'n' central fl.]You will LOVE it!!!!![/quote]

So I've heard and read. Can't wait to get it (then again can't use it here) but I'll do some serious tecting with the YF when I go down there in a couple weeks.......:clapping:

[quote tucky_tector]The Ace 250 and 4.5 in Snipper is a great combination in trashy areas. The sniper will also get real close to walks (with rebar) metal fenches, metal park benches, playground equip etc. It gets good depth too. The 9x12 is another great coil you might want to look into for a little extra depth in less trashy areas.
HH
KY Bud[/quote]

I believe that's the one (9x12) my brother got also. He says it's great. I just need to get a couple more paydays under the belt then after the trip to Calif. I'll probably look into one....

Thing is I started late in the season getting my YF in August of last year. After learning to use it and getting comfortable with it the weather started to turn. Didn't get much done this past year (1808 coins, $84.83 in change plus a few nice rings and such) but as soon as things turn around here I'll be out digging holes every place I go.....:detecting:

I went to my brothers house where he has a park right next door. The bark chip area is maybe 20 x 20 feet. He said he sees guys there all the time detecting. He never took his CZ-5 there because it was picked clean. I said lets hit it. So off we went. I put the sniper on. He had his stock 8 inch coil. I turned my sens to 3 bars and started swinging close to all the metal. In about 20 minutes I pulled a small silver chain, 4 quarters, about 8 cents and dimes. But heres the exciting part. I shot me 6 nickels right next to the metal. I didn't find any rings but I'll bet I will next time I visit him!

[quote Rosco Bookbinder] but as soon as things turn around here I'll be out digging holes every place I go.....:detecting:[/quote]
Just make sure you fill them in................

The 4.5 sniper spends more time on my ACE over the stock. Works great for trash and worth the cost. Now for a bigger coil, I have to figure if the 9x12 is worth the difference over the stock coil.

This is encouraging!! I got mine friday and went to another trashy old homestead and had it with me but got cold and didn't feel like changing them lol. I wish I would have, but I'm gonna try some diff places as advised, I might just stop by one of the trashy old homesites just to try it out this weekend though. Can't resist, I'll find something good eventually, I just know it. Gonna be patient now though, the new is wearing off of it so I'm settlin down and gonna start using more strategy!!!