Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bought me the DFX 300

Serendipity

Ok this weekend we went for a roadtrip to visit the inlaws, and decided to go talk to some people about MD at a store and get a feel for which one we wanted to order. Well dear hubbie asks which one of these two places you wanna go to. Both were equal distance from where we were (over an hour away) but in different directions. When he mentioned kellyco was one of them, had to go there. We get there and I was planning on the MXT, but all you men out there know, if there is one with more buttons or options that has to be the one you have. I made the mistake of taking my dear hubbie with me, and he wanted me to have only the best, and we ended up buying the DFX 300. Birthday present to myself. Well we had to wait a day till we got home to try it out, and went into the backyard and searched for lost treasure see pic 1 a 6 inch nail and 2.5 pull tabs. Also a nasty wad of foil. After dinner (it is now dark outside) we went to a small beach strip to try it out some more and search for more treasure, see pic 2 we found 32 bottle caps, 2 fishing weights, 1 battery, 2 foil tabs, 5 can tabs, 1 buckle off of a sandal, and 58 cents worth of clad. Not too bad for an hour and a half of digging holes in the sand under a full moon and having a blast doing it with only moonlight and a flashlight. We took the advice of buying a scoop with a long handle, what a blessing, we didn't even have to bend over most of the time.

You got a great detector. Go slow and learn the machine. Don't mess with any of the options except pre-amp gain to bump up the sensitivity a little.

6 months from now, this machine will be totally different for, and you will start to learn the nuances, the adjustments, and start to get some really great finds. Most people think the DFX is too difficult to use or there are too many modes/adjustments. Not true. I bet 90% of the time, you will tweak only a few options ( like pre-amp, filters, AC and DC sens, sweep speed, bottle cap reject, and the frequency modes ( along with correlate vs best data).

After that, you will create a few custom programs for when you go to your favorite spots ( like the beach ) and then it's load it up and GO !

JC

You can always start a bottle cap collection The good stuff is in that range..Gold is not to far away..
Looks like a party beach and a good place to find coins and jewelry..