Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bought a used XS for my wife a beach detector -- modified it a little

Relicpro

I bought a great used Sov XS for my wife to use as a beach detector. On the standard rod it felt heavy and was awkwardly balanced so I ordered a White's pistol rod and S -shaft and mounted the Sov on it. Balances and swings great now. I put two V clips on the White's rod (one forward and one rearward). The rear position seems to balance better when the shaft is fully extended and the forward clip balances better when the shaft is in a shorter position. Also I installed a 1/8" jack wired to the disc/pinpoint switch and added a remote toggle switch into the White's handle grip. It can be unplugged if my wife wants to put the XS in the hipmount bag and use it that way. How do ya"ll think this mod will work out for her? She hasn't actually tried it out yet.
Robert

i think that is a Coin Serch coil,great coil but might use caution as i dont think they are water proof.

Looks great!:detecting: How difficult was it to wire the all metal switch through the back of the housing? Did you solder straight to the board, or did you just extend the switch from the front? I had considered doing the same thing to my Sovereign.