Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bought a Compadre with a 7” coil

I was out visiting family recently and celebrating my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary with them. During this time my brother let me use his Compadre with a 7” coil. I was hooked instantly and just had to have one. I saw one on Facebook marketplace for $75 and just had to have it. I asked my wife if I could have it for my birthday. She agreed to let me get it. It is my fourth Tesoro I currently own and my second Compadre. My first Compadre is one with a 5.75” coil that I have had for 14 years now. I love the simplicity of one knob and you are out hunting. Tesoro’s are so much fun to use and I will never part with either one and might even try to find a 3rd one at some point. I always want to have a working Compadre. They are killer in the tot lots and In hitting shallower targets. This 7” coil one did not disappoint. I hunted for about 30 minutes tonight right after I bought it and it found 6 dimes and a bunch of pennies. I can’t wait for the next hunt. Good luck and HH.

I think the 7 inch coil is perfect for the Compadre! Right now, mine has a 9x8 concentric hard wired. I've got a 7 inch Troy coil and need covert the Compadre to a connector connection to swap between coils.

need covert the Compadre to a connector connection to swap between coils.
Here's an article on it. I don't know if the part numbers are still correct but they were what I used.

Here's an article on it. I don't know if the part numbers are still correct but they were what I used.
Thanks! I had all the info already but still nice to see you go to the effort to look it up and re-post it for all who might be interested! The Compadre mod is not at the top of my projects list yet ... probably won't be for a while.

I have never tried the Compadre, but folks seems to love them and they are still sought.
I had a Cutlass for a while and it was pretty fun to use, but I prefer the models with adjustable ground balance for my mineralized soil.. two models I had were tue Vaquero which is still have and the Eldorado that I had for a time, but later sold it.. kind of wish I had kept it.
Those Tesoro’s are fun to use!!

I was out visiting family recently and celebrating my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary with them. During this time my brother let me use his Compadre with a 7” coil. I was hooked instantly and just had to have one. I saw one on Facebook marketplace for $75 and just had to have it. I asked my wife if I could have it for my birthday. She agreed to let me get it. It is my fourth Tesoro I currently own and my second Compadre. My first Compadre is one with a 5.75” coil that I have had for 14 years now. I love the simplicity of one knob and you are out hunting. Tesoro’s are so much fun to use and I will never part with either one and might even try to find a 3rd one at some point. I always want to have a working Compadre. They are killer in the tot lots and In hitting shallower targets. This 7” coil one did not disappoint. I hunted for about 30 minutes tonight right after I bought it and it found 6 dimes and a bunch of pennies. I can’t wait for the next hunt. Good luck and HH.
I would not take that for mine , you got a Bargain