Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bottles found this weekend

Shooter65

Hi Guy's, I found a small trash disposal site this weekend and need help identifying the green bottle. I've figure the others out.

wow that green one looks pretty impressive. the rest don't look like they are worth anything but I'm new to this so don't take my word for it.

I cant tell, are any of them embossed?

Yes, they are. The blue bottle is a Bromoseltzer bottle, there is a evenflo baby bottle, a big mennen bottle, a karo syrup bottle, a Skippy peanut jar and the price printed on the lid says 39 cents. I haven't ever seen a jar of peanut butter anyplace for 39 cents in my lifetime. The green one has me confused and thought it might be a cosmetic bottle of sorts. I also found two unopened tins that are really cool.Don't know what they are either.

I think your bottles are from around the 40's, give or take. Not worth much, but fun to dig. Dig deeper to see if there are any older ones below.

coinnut said:
I think your bottles are from around the 40's, give or take. Not worth much, but fun to dig. Dig deeper to see if there are any older ones below.

I dug below everything removed and this was all there was at this location, however I'm going to check in the vicinity of this dig and see if there might be some more close by.

cool looking tin. the skippy peanut butter is probably worth nothing because i would think the lid would have rusted off if it was really old. I asked my mom (shes 46) and when she was a kid they sold peanut butter for right around that price. so it's not to old. i actually found a skippy jar a few weeks ago (embossed on the bottom). but im pretty sure it's just junk.

The green jar is a salt shaker. it came with a perforated top made from an alloy that disappears very fast, it dates from the 1900's to about 1950?
My mother had a set (salt&pepper) and I have dug a few over the years, they are fairy desirable, you can find them in antique stores for about $20 a set with the lids.