Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bottle info for goes4ever and others.............

Greg from Mi.

You asked below how I (we) dig bottles without braking them. Well, At this place we have been digging most of the time I use a rake. Conditions will change the tools you use. At this place it's more of a construction area that at one time was a dump so its more raking then digging. As far as your other question about where to find dumps. This place I just heard about from another detector / bottle guy. Remember that back in the 1800's no one had garbage pick up so ever-one had a dump or it went in the privy.
The house 2 door's down from me was built in the 1870's. Back then my land was part of their land before they split it into smaller areas. Their dump is on my land and I have found 100's and 100's of bottles in their ( now my ) dump.
I love detecting but its also nice to bring something home that you can see across the room and not need to looks through a magnifying glass
Heres a few pictures of me doing some sifting. I filled a 55 gal drum with dirt from the dump on my land and sifted it in the winter in my shop when it was to cold to detect
Hope this helps
Greg

I built mine to remove a few long screws the legs come off for storage or traveling. Big as it is - 3 X 4 - it fits in the trunk of a car. steve

Last night we got 1 1/2 inches of rain - a lot for us. Overall about 6 inches this last month - which is frequently our yearly amount. Steve

Congrats, Steve, on the rain and God is blessing you and answering prayers! We need rain now and don't know when we will get any, as July and Aug and sometimes Sept are our dry months! There was a moderate drought in the Carolinas and with Crystibol going up the coast they are getting some much needed rain and could have flooding in some places! They said the coastline is with riptides now and dangerous to be in the water......sure hope no one is caught in them and stays safe!

God Bless! :angel:
Betty

Guess God takes it from us and gives it to you! Isn't He awesome??? :blink: :)

God Bless! ;angel:
Betty