Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bottle Cap Mode and Gold Jewelry

Brainwasher

I tried using the BC mode in a local park this week to see how well it eliminated bottle caps. Here is what I discovered...the BC mode did eliminate some of the bottle caps and many of the other bottle caps came in with a broken signal that indicated they were trash. Coins rang in loud and clear so it was pretty easy to cherry pick the coins out of the trash; however, I tried a little experiment with my gold wedding band. The BC mode got rid of my gold ring too. I tried a larger piece of gold jewelry and it came in broken. So, if it is coins you're after, and the park is littered with bottle caps, the BC mode might be the way to go, but realize you may be giving up the gold too. When I used the non-motion STAT mode as described by Vlad in a separate post, I saw most of the bottle caps for what they were due to the large number spread, and my gold ring still rang in loud and clear without the huge number spread. I just thought this information might be useful to someone hunting parks in the BC mode and not finding any gold. HH. jeff

I really didn't test that out on the pull tabs and nickles. Gold often hits in the nickle and pull tab range, so I'm thinking they will be gone too, but I just didn't try it. Next time out, I'll give it a try and see what happens.