Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Both of these old copper looking coins found at same plantation site.

Relic$Hunter

These two coins were found at the same site I just posted videos on.
I have never dug any like this and almost thought it possibly could be old plug of some sort until i got them home and cleaned them.
I am still not sure what they are but they do have ridges on the edges like on a regular coin but made out of brass or copper.
Whatever they are they sure sounded out good on the Explorer!
Oh yea one of them seemed to have some kind of small stamp on one side the other one had what looks like a eagle on one side and some kind of sun burst on the other.
If anyone knows what they are please let me know.

Thanks John K.

Geesh John.....focused pics would help....they do look interesting though.....its hard to tell from the pics....careful with them....don't over clean till you get a good idea what they are....

Yea i need to take better pictures these were taken with my I-phone.
And yes thinking they were just flat smooth i cleaned the one a little to hard with a dish pad until i started seeing some images on it.
I will try to take some better pictures..I sure would like to know how old they are for sure!
I will be more careful from now on cleaning,I just get so excited sometimes and don't use my head.......LOL

The one that looks most like the one with the sunburst would be a nova constellatio with blunt rays, but it wouldn't have the eagle on the back. There appear to be words around the rim on one of them. Can you make out any of it?

I have an iPhone and close-up pics of detail are lousy on it - you need to get a scanner (I have an Epson) - they are so cheap these days and you can get some great scans of your items. It helps especially if you like to find relics like I do. They might be some sort of old tokens. Try the scanner and you'll probably get a better answer. Also, another trick that works for me, if you wet them and then hold them at an angle to the light you'll be able to see more detail as the water evaporates.

Real Cool Looking Coppers, John. I think I was with you that day, but I really don't remember you pulling those coppers out of that field. I do remember you digging up five pieces of silver one day.

What a great time we had! :twodetecting:

Radical Relic Hunter.