Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:blink: my first seated half dime from you know where :rofl:

JimmyCT

yep that place that's been pounded, beaten and left for dead...…. This evening I get a nice high tone and TID is fluttering back and forth between 28-33. Pinpoint and out pops my first 1856 seated half dime!!
Dime was approximately 4" deep.
Merc dime - 3" deep.
Sterling silver ring was approximately 5" deep

Equinox settings: Park1, 50 tones, 0-iron Bias, Recovery Speed - 4, sensitivity - 23, "all-metal" mode and scanned BBS / FBS slow.

That is very nice.

Like I said in the other Thread AWESOME FIND!!!!!! You will find many more on your role :)

Mike K

Wow the site that keep on giving!! Is this "site" a yard, previous yard, field ….?
HH Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I can’t find anything on record that structures ever existed. The area I am hunting is a huge (multiple acres) open field. The person responsible for including structures on the map I have been looking at obviously forgot to record this homesite.

Jim, I have to say you have just about got me sold on the Equinox with
the amazing results you are having with yours.... you are the guru!!!!

Thank you Felix. It has been a lot of trial with the multiple settings however these seem to be working the best for me.

fwcrawford said:
Jim, I have to say you have just about got me sold on the Equinox with
the amazing results you are having with yours.... you are the guru!!!!

Great finds I’m still looking for a seated half dime
Mark

earthlypotluck --

I'll second those settings you are using. Those are almost identical to where I settled with my Equinox, after lots of testing in my test garden, followed by "real world" hunts to confirm. Multitone (50 tones) was a given for me, coming from other Minelabs (CTX and Explorers), as there is very rich information in all those tones, as you know, once you learn how to "speak the language." I run sensitivity as high as is possible, based on the site/EMI -- usually at least 23, whenever I can pull it off without too much chatter. I experimented quite a bit with recovery speeds, and 3 or 4 are what "work best" for me, and my ears, and seem to give the best depth. DEFINITELY all-metal mode, I want to hear the iron! The only difference, is I set my iron bias at "2," and have always just left it there. I'm going to switch to zero, though, based on your (and Tom D's) advice, and get used to that. Finally, and I think this is as much of a key as any, and you NAILED it -- swing FBS/BBS SLOW!

There are VERY few people, in my opinion, aside from savvy, long-time users, who swing a Minelab slow enough, ESPECIALLY new users, and ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY new Equinox users. I think "fast recovery speeds" touted with the Equinox seems to have implied to many folks that you can "swing quickly," and in my experience, NOTHING is further from the truth. Better separation, better depth, and ABSOLUTELY LESS iron falsing will occur, when swinging ultra-slow...(and final thought -- the "Minelab wiggle" is, to me, the final key...)

Steve

I agree with you Steve, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. Also do a Auto ground balance that will give you a little more depth.

Steve,

Dropping from a recovery of 6 down to 4 made a big difference in depth for me. I was reluctant to drop the iron bias to zero as I knew I would dig more iron but I am understanding more how iron behaves. I still dig iron but not nearly as much as I use to. I have spent a ton of time "hovering" over potential targets guessing as to non-ferrous / ferrous. Another item that made a difference in target clarity (and depth) was increasing the sensitivity from 20 up to 23/24. I do believe I forgot to mention the "Minelab / Sovereign wiggle". Yes, Performing short quick(er) sweeps right over the target enhances and brings much more clarity to the target in question. - Jim

sgoss66 said:
earthlypotluck --

I'll second those settings you are using. Those are almost identical to where I settled with my Equinox, after lots of testing in my test garden, followed by "real world" hunts to confirm. Multitone (50 tones) was a given for me, coming from other Minelabs (CTX and Explorers), as there is very rich information in all those tones, as you know, once you learn how to "speak the language." I run sensitivity as high as is possible, based on the site/EMI -- usually at least 23, whenever I can pull it off without too much chatter. I experimented quite a bit with recovery speeds, and 3 or 4 are what "work best" for me, and my ears, and seem to give the best depth. DEFINITELY all-metal mode, I want to hear the iron! The only difference, is I set my iron bias at "2," and have always just left it there. I'm going to switch to zero, though, based on your (and Tom D's) advice, and get used to that. Finally, and I think this is as much of a key as any, and you NAILED it -- swing FBS/BBS SLOW!

There are VERY few people, in my opinion, aside from savvy, long-time users, who swing a Minelab slow enough, ESPECIALLY new users, and ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY new Equinox users. I think "fast recovery speeds" touted with the Equinox seems to have implied to many folks that you can "swing quickly," and in my experience, NOTHING is further from the truth. Better separation, better depth, and ABSOLUTELY LESS iron falsing will occur, when swinging ultra-slow...(and final thought -- the "Minelab wiggle" is, to me, the final key...)

Steve