Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Blessed with a white gold 14k mens wedding band

broadestpower

I still can't figure this one out. This must of been a blessing and nothing but that. This ring was maybe three inches down and its owner was a victim of a lost ring while playing volleyball. Center of the court in the grass on the side. The ring was cut, possibly circulation was being cut off.The owner lost some weight and was still wearing the ring while playing volleyball. I was using my Whites Eagle Spectrum. This is the first ring since the first day I had the detector. That day I found two silver rings within 30 ft from each other. I think I've had the Eagle for about two years. Ma Betty is an advocate of this detector and has found everything from silver to gold with it successfully. The weird thing about this signal is I never thought ring. It clearly read penny dime. I tried putting the ring back in the ground and to get a signal but had very little positive signals. Still somewhat at a loss for the best mode to be in based on the results of the re targeting the ring!

If it is broken where it was sized that totally changes the tone.

Congrats on finding the white gold 14K man's wedding band.....sometimes, when I was detecting and I wasn't sure about the ID, but would come up in a coin mode, anyway, I would dig and be surprised with something really nice! Does your detector have a way to program in for only coins and different programs to use? I used a program that nulled out many of the items that I really didn't want to spend time on hunting and digging! I probably missed small rings and items, but when I got tired I would either switch programs or just dig what I knew were good items by sound! Coins came in with such a clear sound for each coin, except sometimes couldn't distinguish between a penny and a dime! Depending on how tired I was, I would dig or not dig! I have found silver dimes that came in as a penny or dime! Just never know....depending on the weather, the ground conditions, whether it had been dug up and missed by the ground being loosened, how good your detector is working and what electrical interference is near by! But after all this, I really do think God has a lot to do with your finding the gold band for the man who lost it might have been a faithful Christian and had prayed to be able to find it or maybe you prayed before searching to help you find it! A lot comes into display, for how you found it and where! God blesses us and others in many, many ways for He is so Awesome and Mighty in helping us in need through faithful prayers in Jesus' name! Amen! May God keep on blessing and helping you in learning and using your detector and finding the goodies! Amen! Nice to see what others find! Ma

Thanks for your comments Mike. I never even considered that the signal would be changed based on the fact that the ring was cut! That's a great point and you surely taught me something I didn't know!

Ma, thanks for your kind words I' m thinking your right about prayers. I usually say a couple prayers prior to a hunt. Not sure if I should pursue a potential owner on this ring or not, because you know how that goes all of a sudden everyone is the owner of the ring. The couple things to identifying it would only be known by the owner one white gold two the ring is cut. I really would gain more satisfaction returning it to its owner. As for the Whites Eagle Spectrum yes it has the two places that are available for custom programs. I have pretty good custom program I down loaded out of the forum that is decent. It is a little more chattery but I believe it goes a little deeper. Coins are definitely a strength for this detector and the signals are clear and usually one bar. I do dig quite a few pull tab ring signals in the hopes of finding that ring or nickel ring signals. Again the nickel will have that one bar and the pull tab or ring would be multiple bars! Coin spills are a bit different and some times it feels as though the machine is counting though I know it isn't. I had a fifty cent or half dollar signal and pulled two quarters out of a hole. Coin spills are hard to miss based on the strong signal even though they bounce around on the target I.D. number. Thanks again, for your comment and God Bless!

Steve your right, what about those signals when your getting tired and you want to press on for the Quarters. I have to say I dig Probably 95% of my penny dime signals. If it was penny separate that would be 40% I don't dig the zincoln Lincoln that's a terrible waste and a real disappointment a US money. Thanks, for your comment!

Martin how are you, I'm not sure what your telling me but if I was to guess you probably have found many rings maybe no gold this year but surely you must have done exceedingly well in the years past. Thanks for your comment God Bless