Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Birthday hunt…..

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
A week and a half ago was my birthday so I decided to go digging. I went to a harvested soy bean field that had a house on that spot prior to 1860. I only had 2 hours and have hunted there several times over the years so my hopes were not high. Well about ten minutes in I heard my 2nd target and it was telling me Indian Head. Yep that's what it was. An 1898 greenie. It was the only coin of the day but I'll take it. A few other keepers, and plenty of old iron and misc. The next day I took off for a week to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. A wonderful time with family. God is good!
[attachment 350693 IMG_2820.JPG] [attachment 350694 IMG_2822.JPG]
[attachment 350697 IMG_2823.JPG] [attachment 350695 FullSizeRendercopy5.jpg]
[attachment 350696 FullSizeRender-3copy3.jpg]

That is a really nice Indian. Hard to find them in that shape.

Nice find, Mike. Like Steve - I can't remember the last time I found an IH. Is that an ax head I see there in the pictures? I haven't seen one like that since the 60's.

Not an axe head but a piece of farm implement.