Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

bigger silver day and all the finds from a month in a 50 x 60 lot

rbholt80

pics are not to good but they will work. the half was hit by a mower but i still loved finding it. iv worked the heck out of this lot and figured id try under a bush and bam there the big girl was. i found 11 more wheats also. so i will be going back the spot again till i leave without finding one red cent. then ill hit it again with my big sef coil lol. i tend to find a bunch af silver nickels in this ghost town. every lot iv hunted over the years has turned up at least one. iv only ever found 2 silver dimes in this town and i think thats strange cause i find a bunch that are 65 66 67.

Great looking Walker!!! Thanks for posting.
Bunker

What do you suppose went on at that site Rob? Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on the finds.

NebTrac

nice spot .

What state are you in?I find alot in ky where i am from

Outstanding finds - the Walking Liberty Half in fantastic ! :clapping:

I have a question.....
Where's all the dimes????? I have never been to any spots that would produce that many pennies and quarters and a HALF and not produce any dimes! If I were you, I would pound that place until it gave up the dimes. I promise, they are there! It's YOUR job soldier to get out there and free them from their entrapment! LOL great job and GOOD LUCK!

Carry on.....

Thanks Holt80, Beautiful finds.
I'm still in search for that elusive walker.

Moose

southeast texas. iv found seated coins and large cents down here, there were settlements of americans here as far back as 1810. befor that spanish had forts and settments here all the way back to the 1750s.

the problem with this ghost town is that it was a town till 1986 when oil companies got together and bought the town cause it sits on one of the largest salt domes in America. they use the domes as oil storage underground. some domes are used for waist storage like the brine water n mud mix leftover from drilling oil wells. so it does pose a threat to collapse or explosion. now in 86 when it was bought out they came and moved all the homes out in just a few months. i was there hunting with my granddad and we were not alone. one day we counted nearly a hundred hunters there cleaning this town up. they cherry picked it really bad. when the easy stuff was gone so were they and after about 1990 iv never seen another detector there or traces of anyone hunting. so i still go there but i think the old teknetics mark ones were dime killers and i seen a lot guys using them there back in the 80s and my granddad used one so i know they cleaned up on dimes. the other thing is that there is a lot of house debre still in the ground. flashing, water fixtures, cans, pipes, alumina TV antenna pieces in every lot. so we have masking and lots of stuff that you get tired of digging. so that's my dime theory. ill find some cause im going to go hunt it again and go very slow.

iv only found 2 in my life, what i want is a Franklin half never found one. got seated coins and barbers and everything even a piece dollar n Morgan. but no Franklin half.

That Sir was a great hunt :thumbup:
Congratulations on the lovely silvers and old coppers

T59