Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BIG Stone Mountain Silver!!

Bob in SoMd

Check this out. First, I have yet to find a Barber, Walker or a Franklin. But today the half dollar box was checked - just not in traditional form.

Went out for about 30 minutes after work and after about 15 minutes of wandering aimlessly, decided to check some grass between the road and the sidewalk. There are many of these 10 x 30 yard areas that were between the apartments and the road. Found a 1937 Wheatie. Then I got a clean 86-88 signal for what I thought and hoped might be a silver quarter and at 5 inches saw the silver rim - only I knew it was bigger than a quarter. Pulled it out and flipped it over to see Lee and Jackson staring at me. Nobody heard what I yelled, I hope!

1925 Stone Mountain Commemorative Half Dollar. I knew what it was right away because my dad had given me one in a case that he had on his desk. Found the dime about 5 feet away right afterward which would normally be good enough to make a successful hunt.

It's in good shape but I'm soaking for a bit in lemon juice to hopefully brighten it up and then it will be on display...

Thanks for looking and Happy Birthday Marines!

[attachment 179067 ImportedPhotos00408.jpg][attachment 179069 ImportedPhotos00407.jpg][attachment 179071 ImportedPhotos00409.jpg][attachment 179072 ImportedPhotos00410.jpg][attachment 179074 ImportedPhotos00411.jpg][attachment 179075 ImportedPhotos00412.jpg]

That's one beautiful coin Bob. I thought I heard someone yelling a word that I won't repeat. :poke: I've seen them, but this is the first I've heard of anyone finding one. Tell me, is your father still living? Nice Merc also. Thanks a lot for the pictures and the great story. HH, Nancy

Thanks Nancy!

Both my parents are living well. My dad is 82 years young!

Great finds Bob. Those big coins stop me cold when they first pop out. Nice job. Thanks for the photos.

You're so very fortunate. What a treasure in itself.

WOW
Now that's some nice silver
Congrats

HH

Sweet coin, congratulations!

terrific find

Bob,

Awesome find. Never seen one like that before. That's one fine coin. Absolutely love those 2 CSA Generals on the front of that coin. :clapping: BTW, since you dont have a walker yet, i will gladly trade you one mine for it ;) CONGRATULATIONS, that's some nice silver. CCH

That is too cool...love those commemorative halves. Nice find!

I've never seen or heard of anything like that. I'll bet someone was very disappointed to lose that coin! Thanks for the pictures and the story....congratulations on your other finds as well.

NebTrac

CajunCoinHunter,

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass!!!

Thanks all!

Been away for 3 days of business travel so haven't been digging. The weather has been in the 60's every day and I sure hope it lasts!

Bob in SoMd said:
CajunCoinHunter,

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass!!![/quote

Bob,

LOL. :rofl: Don't blame ya. Awesome find. Take care.

CCH