Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BIG silver!!!:surprised:

Bob in SoMd

Went out Sunday afternoon for about 3 hours and after 2 had a bunch of wheaties but no silver...well you know what they say...so persistence pays off and I found...

...my first silver dollar (1921-S) AND a Merc (1925) in the same hole!!!

Also found a pretty corroded 1888 Indian, a sterling baby spoon and a partial 1940's era Naval officer's hat insignia stamped with "STER+1/20 10K", which after some research I have found was a pretty standard way they were made (sterling with a gold plating overcoat).

The dollar was at 4 inches and a solid VDI 90-91 (maybe a bit low because of the dime?). When I first got the signal in relic mode, I have to admit I was thinking "BIG...aluminum!" but when the signal was steady I started having second thoughts, went to C&J mode and saw 50c...as I dug the plug I thought "a Franklin would be cool", due to the area I was searching (from 1940's). Opened the plug and one scoop later grabbed a big, heavy, silver round thing...saw the reeded edge and knew I had a buck.

Think I'll be going back?

November has been by far my most productive month. Thanks for looking!

[attachment 146539 DSC03565.jpg] [attachment 146540 DSC03569.jpg]

[attachment 146541 DSC03564.jpg] [attachment 146542 126.jpg]

[attachment 146543 012.jpg] [attachment 146544 010.jpg]

Nice finds!!!

Very nice finds Bob. I bet your heart skipped a beat when you saw that rim of that huge coin. What a joy! I've never found one, so you know that's on my "wish" list. Very nice selection of coins and items also. I bet you'll be back at that spot over and over again. Thanks for sharing and for the pictures. Oh, and thanks for making my day! It's always a good sign when someone pulls a silver dollar out of the ground. How's that DX-1 doing for you? HH, Nancy

Wow Bob, Congrats on the awesome find!

Thanks Nancy...

Love the DX-1!!! Very little extra weight, great depth and I really like the fact that it give the same tones and display...all with just a flick of the switch. Best accessory I've gotten so far.

I like the big Silver coins myself !! (Heck who wouldn't) those Dollars are rare to Find if you dropped one of those you knew it and you could spot it easily!!Nice find thanks for sharing!!

heres one I dug a couple yeas back ..Always like looking at them.

Keith Southern

We are graced with another beautiful coin amongst us. Very nice find! HH, Nancy