Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big problem I need some advice.

BoobieinPa

I sent in my ExplorerII for repair. It would not turn on at all. I paid $35.00 to send it to the company. It came back today and after turning it on 2 times it will not turn on at all now.

I use the SunRay probe. COULD THIS BE CAUSING TROUBLE???

I sent it in without the probe. I was afraid it might void the warranty. Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestions?

The battery is good, I tested it and even tried the spare battery with new AA's in it.

[quote therick]n/t[/quote]

I totally agree.. I would call them and explain that you just received it from repair and the problem wasn't fixed...

It may be possible that it was overlooked and sent back without repair..

Bobbie call them up they are Nice people there... I've been to there Vegas location several times when I lived in Vegas..

Not to sound like a wise@@@, but I have an MXT with the Sunray probe and when I first started using the probe and one point I was sure my machine was not working...Until I noticed that I had not switched back to "coil" from "probe". Boy did I feel like a dummy!:crazy:

I think the problem is that the machine will not turn on...I think it needs to go back...Of course with a little gentel tweaking it may be just fine....It sounds like the problem is just that the unit is not getting electricity to it...could be dirty contacts on the battery or terminals or loss of contact with the terminal ends of the battery...TT

I'd doubt it's the probe, the probe is just like a small coil and your machine would still turn on with no coil on it. A short in a probe or coil would not interrupt your power supply to your machine. If it's not turning on at all, it's probably a short between your power source and the housing itself or a short on the circuit board itself. Some people have posted about fixing their battery contacts, just search at the bottom of the page.

Take the probe off and run the coil wire right to the control head as this will tell you if it is the probe or the detector itself. Hate to have it sent back only to tell you it works fine with out the probe.
Now I did see one probe I had sold that as soon as it was switched to the probe the Explorer would shut down. I found out that the switch had got dirty as the rubber boot got tore and dirt got in it, so when the probe was turned on it was still making contact with the coil and probe at the same time causing the Explorer to shut down. I replaced the switch and rubber boot and it was fine.
Take the probe off and connect straight to the control head and see what it will do as you will now if the probe is the problem or the detector.

couldn't he just take off the upper shaft and unscrew the connector from the housing

It won't turn on with or without the probe. In fact I just tried it again and it will not turn without even having a coil or probe hooked up. I am going to call Hans @ Minelab as soon as they open up. I'll let you know what he says.

Request they send a UPS call tag. UPS will show up at your door with it, put it on your box and take it away. The cost being paid by Minelab. This is pretty much a normal procedure with returns. Just be sure to have it boxed up and ready.

I phoned Minelab in Las Vegas where I first sent the machine.

They replaced the screen membrane, but didn't fix the problem. I was transfered to the manager and told him the problem.

Along with that I got a reply on here [b](Thank you Jeff & Marie for that advice telling me to ask for a UPS CALL TAG. I had never heard of that before[/b] & he explained it to me.

He said that most reputable companies will send it to you and all you do is put it on the box you are returning for repair and take it to a UPS pickup site.

UPS will get it and ship it for free. The company will pay for all shipping charges. So they are mailing me one and will pay for the shipping.

From now on when I have anything to return for service that is what I am going to try to do.

Then I was switched to the service dept., he told me that it WILL be fixed and sent back to me ASAP.

He said that Minelab wants to keep their customers happy and will send anyone a UPS CALL TAG.

I am not to happy about it not working, but I am very satisfied with their service and willingness to keep their customers happy.

I sent them 2 emails and both were returned not deliverable, so I phoned them to let them know.

I was told that Minelab does not read any emails until after the days shipping is done. And that they will all come back like that.

So if anyone needs to send Minelab in L.V. do it after hours and they will get it.

I just thought I would pass this tidbit along.

Excellent! Since I just purchased a used EX2 that is good information. I am glad your problem will be resolved and I intend to file this is info for later use should I need repairs.
:super:

and the name of who you talked to there so that we can use it for future reference!

Thanks

KCK/Ohio

The number is 702-891-8809 that gets to the receptionist. She transfered me to the manager, his name is Dick. Dick transfered me right to the service manager, is name is Hans. They all were very good to deal with.