Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big cat killed on highway............

Kelley (Texas)

"This was hit by a truck on Mill Creek Road.
This is a BIG cat!
The mountain lion was killed east of Altoona and south of State College , Pa. northeast of Raystown Lake between Mt. Union and Huntingdon , Pa. .. One doesn't think about big cats being in the eastern part of the country. Game commissions have denied it for a long time."

http://members.cox.net/papydawg/PA%20mtn%20lion.jpg

They do the same here. For years they denied that we had a black bear population. Now there are so many that there is talk of opening a limited hunting season on them in the future.Then they denied we had a cougar population-until a couple of them were shot by farmers protecting livestock-they now say we have a small but growing population of the big cats. About 7 or 8 years ago a couple of armadillos were found ran over on the highway.....the official exclamation was they were accidentally hauled up from Texas in some road pipe that was used for highway construction-no way they could survive a winter this far north. They are so plentiful now they have became pests -tearing up lawns and gardens. On just about any stretch of road you can find dead ones who didn't make it across and on about any summer night you can see them after a short drive.Some of the locals here call them "possums in a half shell" !

n/t

CT and they told here if the admitted there were mt cats here they would have to created environment for them. Thats a BS answer. It seems to me if they are here, they go where they want to go. They claim they are , but they are sure not here in the winter, as I don't see any tracks and I spend a fair amount of time out in the woods. Maybe these ones can fly..... One person claims that one got her horses. Story goes it got tangled in a fence line trying to get back in and when they found it , it was torn up. Could of been coyotes or dogs also. More than likely was. I would think a cat that big would need to eat in winter pretty often and you would see track in the snow and kills somewhere. Kinda like the flying saucers, all kinds a cam corders around, and cameras, but no one has a clear picture of one... I look at the size of the feet on the cat and know you should be able to tell the difference between coyote tracks and big cat tracks.

Geo

This photo was taken in Pa. Maybe folks up in that part of the country first thought it was a different type of bear or something and really did not know what it was. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

You can feed them table scraps, and you never have a grooming expense. You can keep them in a dog house outside or let them sleep in the house in a box with a blanket. You can teach them tricks like begging at the table or rolling over and playing dead. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)