Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Buck memories!

Jim Vokes NY

A year or so back, my son and I were hunting. A huge eight point and a doe went by my tree stand. I didn't shoot.... "why didn't you shoot!" my son said. "too small" I said. "you were asleep weren't you" he accused. "Errrrr" I said...

True story and as fond a memory as all the successful hunts I have had!

Maybe it is just my naivete' about New York..... but I would think that there would not be all that much hunting in NY..

Of course, if you compare it with where I live, [my nearest neighbour is over a mile away], most places would seem heavily populated. I got my 5 point [5 x 5] this year by walking out my front door. :):

fair winds

Micheal

Hi Mikie,

I don't think he is hunting in Central Park!! (But then what do I know??):shrug:

Driving through NY state is a real eye opener. :surprised:

There are many miles of fine forests and wild looking country with lots of ups and downs and rugged hiking country.:clap:

I can imagine a hunter getting lost in some of that state without even trying,:help:

CJ

These east coast deer have adapted well to humans being close by. I used to hunt the Adirondacks in NY. Beautiful area, plenty of deer and bear and moose in the right areas. I too always associated it with New York City.... When I was doing a lot of Snowmobiling in Old Forge New York I got hooked on hunting that state. Here is a link to a little about the hunting and how big it is. New York State Deer Hunting Even so, I've see deer all over the roads just on the outskirts of the City on the Hudson River....They adapt well to us.

Geo

n/t

[attachment 182684 deer2000.JPG]

It is a woods on which about 40 guys give a farmer a days work for each of three woods he owns. 3 days work if hunting 3 woods.. However during bow season and after opening day of Gun... there are very few hunters to be seen.. ??

My son and I have done quite well in harvesting bucks there....

I also hunted 25 years in the mountains of Pennsylvania with quite a little success.

I fall a sleep all the time in stands. A couple of years ago I went up in the blind on a cold day about 3 PM. I was tried too, said whet the heck little nap won't hurt, next thing I know it was about 630 pm. Been good and dark for 30 minutes. It was a good hunt anyway too me, with much needed rest. Since I was a kid, i've been failing asleep in blinds and tree stands. I guess it's so peaceful to me. Good Luck

n/t