Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big, Big Silver with the XS!

Ricardo_NY1

If a forum can't be loyal to its members, why should the members be? 1400+ posts later and I'm done with that other place. Sandman did the right thing also. That aside, I joined up with Phil "Phil-O" and Tom "LI TOM" yesterday for another round of the hunting we've been doing here in the city. This place was worked, but we went in anyways and usually manage some good keepers. The day started out very slow with minimal finds and alot of noise in the ground after the light rain we had here. I dug a signal that sounded like a clad dime............and one of those where the target was coming in through the probe on the extreme side of the plug........I was very off on the PP'ing on this one for whatever reason. Perhaps some masked target right next to it. What I saw when I removed some dirt off the side was a sight to behold.........the edge of some big silver! The edge and writing were clearly visible.......this was no can. I called over for Tom and Phil to look at it in its semi resting state.........and then proceeded to remove it. Tom and I thought we had a barber half..........Phil says he knew what it was as soon as he saw it in the plug.
What we had found was a 1901 Morgan Dollar that was laying flat at about 4 to 5 inches. How that was left there who knows. Not to mention the slop of a mess someone left there with all of their uncovered plugs. And with that said...........two years later and well over 300 silver, I still cannot find a half of any kind! Tom broke that spell this past week on Wed I believe with a Barber Half........on his birthday to boot. Photos enclosed. I would've loved to have filmed this for Youtube, as those of you who are familiar with my videos know I get quite a few on film, but this did not sound like a likely silver hit. I'm also embarassed to admit that I hit it in the front...........and if you think that was bad luck, how about a triple 1800's barber quarter plug with a V-Nickel where two quarters got hit? It's bitter sweet. I don't hit many coins, probably 10 out of 300, but I've had some serious bad luck lately with this.

Awesome Ricardo!! Congrats. I have some halves, but the big,big silver still eludes me even after 20 years.

Maybe this will be the year:super:

Hey Ricardo,

Incredible find!!!! Congrats! Wish you would have got that on video.

Thanks again for your help with XS! It's been finding me silver!

Matt

:yikes: Great stuff

Hey Ricardo, Incredible coin!!..congrats on that monster silver!!.. got a message fromLI Tom about possibly hooking up for a hunt soon..I have hunted with Phil before but lost touch with him once I lost my cell phone. Think we hunt the same places but havent run into you yet. Was at Pelham Bay about 2 weeks ago and I was stopped by the Park cops and was asked for my permit..The guy was cool and was more concerned about covering up the holes..You mention the sloppy plugs, I was in a section that looked like a gopher was there..it was ridiculous..Im talking about 6-10 inch uncovered holes with the plug right next to it..I guarantee we will star getting the boot if we dont wise up. hopefully we can hook up soon, say hello to phil if you see him..Chris

Thats what Im talkin about Congrats!. Must of been next to some other masking type target to only give a dime reading as the dollars i have found hit like a dollar no mistaking it. I am courious about your remark of the other forum and loyalty...any explaination? What other forum? as in another forum not possible?

Awesome finds!!! I hope you got it on video, I always like watching your video's on you tube.:clapping:

Howdy Ricardo

I've seen your videos before on that other forum, YOU are a digging machine! From what I have seen on your videos, you seem to be a very dedicated detectorist that works hard to get results out in the field.I have a EX ll that i have been learning, and would like to be more proficient with it. Good luck on your future hunts................Hombre

Awesome!!! Congrats on a awesome find:thumbup:

Looking forward to more!!!

n/t

Sweet Ricky!When I saw you pull that puppy out I was astonished.Why bother with halves when you pull the big boy out,LOL!This is why Phil calls you magic fingers.

I know how Great it feels to find that Big Silver. I also enjoy your videos, that would have been awesome to get on video. I found my first silver dollar in Jan 09. I was lucky and had my camera and got it on video, I hit mine too,wasn't expecting a silver dollar. I know how much you really love to find silver, it's easy to tell from watching your videos. Welcome to the Silver Dollar Club. Congrats again! HH. LaDigger

I have found 2 Morgan Dollars myself in the last 3 years, both being 1901-o. Silver Dollars are very seldom found that is for sure and you sure had luck on your side when you dug that target. If any of the other hunters came across this target, I am sure they thought it to be too loud and too big and they thought it was a can, thus the reason for being left behind. So congrats on a Super Score on that one fellas. Don't find Silver Dollars very often. Continued Good Luck and HH to you all on your next hunts. :detecting: