Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big 1894S silver!!

Mark kus

Saturday morning I stayed near home a smaller field behind a old hotel which has given up som great coins and gold rings!
My first signal was a memorial penny but the second signal was a great 32-34 high tone one direction a very deep signal.
This spot was very close to where I found two 14k rings!
I cut a nice bigger plug and pin pointed the coin in the hole so I took a big scoop out and when I flipped it I saw the eagle!!!
I was hoping it was a seated but happy that it was a 1894 S barber half my second barber half in one year!
Then I rechecked the hole and a 1906 Indian was also in the hole.
I’ve been through this spot countless times because it was within feet of where I found two gold rings!
I hit the silver quarter at a 1700’s house yesterday along with the two flat buttons and buckles.
15 wheats and $8.25 in quarters dimes and nickels.
HH
Mark
8AA9E13B-C863-4387-B4BC-64DF36618EA2.jpeg
89069B8D-1111-45B0-BD73-1C98E050D63B.jpeg
0CE3F42A-1595-40C4-98BB-D45386058334.jpeg
864964C5-185D-45E5-B32B-B986E7F52E6C.jpeg
B1703D53-D8DA-4D95-9A49-101FB3BFF7EC.jpeg

It would REALLY have ME stumped if he came over here and had the same success! :lol: That’s a nice find Mark!

Thanks IDX where are you? believe me it surprised me lol..
Thanks Ted

The Indian on closer inspection is a 1896..

I went out yesterday for an hour and got skunked! The only thing I got was tired old legs from dragging 2" of mud on my boots!

I’m way over in southern Wisconsin. I’ve dug a dozen Walkers, a Franklin, 4 Barber halves, 2 Morgans....about half of them were good signals, others were sketchy....all but 2 were pretty deep to the best of my recollection. It’s amazing these coins are STILL lying around, but you know they are! You just find them way faster!:super:

Saturday morning I stayed near home a smaller field behind a old hotel which has given up som great coins and gold rings!
My first signal was a memorial penny but the second signal was a great 32-34 high tone one direction a very deep signal.
This spot was very close to where I found two 14k rings!
I cut a nice bigger plug and pin pointed the coin in the hole so I took a big scoop out and when I flipped it I saw the eagle!!!
I was hoping it was a seated but happy that it was a 1894 S barber half my second barber half in one year!
Then I rechecked the hole and a 1906 Indian was also in the hole.
I’ve been through this spot countless times because it was within feet of where I found two gold rings!
I hit the silver quarter at a 1700’s house yesterday along with the two flat buttons and buckles.
15 wheats and $8.25 in quarters dimes and nickels.
HH
MarkView attachment 1799View attachment 1800View attachment 1801View attachment 1802View attachment 1803
Your 1894 Barber Half is in wonderful condition,..... it's hard to find them in that grade when your pulling
them out of the ground. "In my opinion" it was lost within 2 or maybe 3 years at best...... after it was minted.
GREAT FIND...! and GREAT DETECTING..!

Your 1894 Barber Half is in wonderful condition,..... it's hard to find them in that grade when your pulling
them out of the ground. "In my opinion" it was lost within 2 or maybe 3 years at best...... after it was minted.
GREAT FIND...! and GREAT DETECTING..!
Thanks Fastdraw it sure surprised me this spot gave up a few nice barber a quarter and two dimes also in the front along the sidewalk though. Here’s two also found in this yard.
359C7FD8-CBC0-4540-90E0-0DB0AB796534.png

Last edited:
I’m way over in southern Wisconsin. I’ve dug a dozen Walkers, a Franklin, 4 Barber halves, 2 Morgans....about half of them were good signals, others were sketchy....all but 2 were pretty deep to the best of my recollection. It’s amazing these coins are STILL lying around, but you know they are! You just find them way faster!:super:
Thanks IDX I’ve found quite a few walkers a few Franklins and two Barbers one last summer actually it’s in a spot less than a mile from where I found this one in a collage yard where that same spot same day I found two SLQ’s one the nicest 1917 looked like it was dropped the day it was minted!

Your success has me stumped lol your picture prop. Well done again Mark!
HH Jeff
I love that one that's a big red cedar tree I cut down next to my shed looked like a good spot..

Awesome digs! That's a beautiful Barber half! The first half I found many years go was an 1894 s. She was a well worn beauty but yours is in great shape. Big Congrats!

Thanks Dave I like yours to!
Mark