Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bible Study ~ The Habits of a Steward for March 17-23

When I first started reading these Bible Studies, I thought that this would be an awesome way too start my day. I did alright for what, maybe two or three weeks? I've also been listening to this CD: Audio Adrenaline Underdog for a month or so. I'm not sure about posting from You Tube on this site, is it allowed? There is a song on there that has been weighing on my heart. The song is titled This Day. If you want to hear it you can search for it on you tube. The chorus is what I've been trying to follow in my own life.

[CHORUS]

I want to say a prayer
Before my feet can hit the ground
Lord I give this day to You

I'm amazed how You forgive me
Yesterday seems so far behind
It's a brand new day
And every day's a new beginning
I look to You

[CHORUS]

Breathe in
Breathe out
Breathe in
And watch the day begin
I wanna watch the day begin

The Confession: I am failing in both of these habits that I am trying to get back to.

The Conviction: Today, I decided to "catch-up" in the Bible Study, and don't you know the very first lesson is replacing bad habits with good habits!!!

When I was a new Christian, I was on fire! Everything came easy (as in following these good habits and walking daily) and I was filled with such a passion about following through. What happened? Well, I'll tell you what happened. This world and it's ways tripped me up. I think it happens to everyone at some point or another to some degree. And bad habits are very hard to break/replace. Which brings me to the questions that are asked in Sundays Lesson (yeah I am way behind :().

Read Matthew 22:37, 38; Acts 17:28; Ephesians 5:15-17; and Colossians 3:23. What is said here that can help us understand how to put God first in our lives?

My answer: Love God first, think of God first, walk with God first, act for God first, and do it all with the knowledge that we are here on a mission to do the Lord's work in everything according to His will.

I too was on fire for Jesus when I became truly saved & filled with God's Holy Ghost (Spirit) in 1986, although I was supposedly saved at the age of 13--but didn't know Jesus, personally, like I do now! But with problems & my health failing I am not as dedicated like at first, but still am blessed & filled because I know He is with me & He says He will never leave nor forsake us, although we can Him, because He never forces anyone to accept Him or stay with Him; and yet we will if we want his blessings & His help in our daily lives in this sinful world! As Jesus is our ever present help in times of need & it seems we sure do have needs in a world of spiritual darkness! Thanks for your encouraging words & song, SIS Digger, you are a blessing to our CMD Forum! God Bess! SIS Ma Betty

You are a Blessing to me, also! And the Cmd! And to witness men and women who are genuinely following Christ and sharing their faith and love for the Lord! I was in a deep dark place when I found this site. Someday, I may share. IDK? I have received Spiritual healing and strength! And, I am starving for this kindred, Christian fellowship this site has provided!
Sis digger

I got out of bed, made coffee and toast, Sat down and started to log on to a different forum. Argh! Already messing up! I apologized to the Lord and asked for forgiveness and said a prayer. Then I logged on here and started the lesson. Bad habits are hard to break. I hope I get it right tomorrow. And the rest of today, for that matter.

Looking for the return of Jesus.
There are so many distractions in this world. One of mine (believe me when I say I have many), is playing video games. I have wasted so much time over the years, and not staying focused. What if Jesus returned while I'm in the middle of trying beat this level or that? Or if I'm letting that "dumb box" that's hanging on the wall have my undivided attention? Or when I choose not to go to church because I'm just so tired from all the running around I've had to do all week? The list goes on. I'm busted. I really need to work on this area. I need an attitude adjustment. My pastor often reminds us that no one is guaranteed their next breath. Whether it be by my passing or the Lord's coming, I pray I'm in the middle of doing His Will and not my own!

Amen, Sis Digger--We all fail in some way or another & forming good habits is indeed what we need! I, too, play games & it is time consuming when the time should be spent with our Lord & studying His Word & sincerely praying more! But Jesus lives within my heart &, although I am doing something else, I know He is with me, as long as I don't abide in Satan's darkness & serve him & his Demons! Spreading His gospel truth is very important, so we get awarded for that & trying to bring light into this evil & sinful world--Let God's Holy Spirit lead & follow Him by leaning not on feelings or our own fleshly understanding ! Love you in Jesus' precious name & all my CMD folks! Amen! Sis Ma Betty

I'm catching up, Praise the Lord!
I unwittingly addressed Tuesdays lesson yesterday, which affirms to me I am on the right path.

What hope is found in these texts for us? How are we to live as we await this final restoration?

I love this scripture promise! We've got to keep on struggling through this world and do everything we can to spread the gospel. It's hard, and wears you out. Right now we have Jesus in our hearts, but, one day our Lord will be with us! "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning, or crying, or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." So as the song goes.... I'm standing on the promises of God!

Running the Race We are athletes for God. We need to keep ( in my case -get) our bodies in shape with diet and exercise so that we have the stamina to do the Lord's work. We need to study the "play book" so that we know how to do the Lord's work. And when/if we get tired, beaten down and out of breath, stand on the promises!

I had one of those days yesterday. I had to take my mom and dad to the wound care clinic for my mom's amputated toes. It's an all day thing. Then about an hour after I got home and fixed a wonderful meal of manwich, we had to meet them in the emergency room because her wound wouldn't stop bleeding, another two hours, then go to their house and help them get settled in. It was 9:00 or so when we got home. Well if I weren't so out of shape and if I ate better nourishing foods, I wouldn't be so whipped this morning. I've got a big day today and I just want to go back to bed. Argh. The positive thing is they have to listen to Christian music for almost an hour and a half. I have shared the gospel with them in many various ways over the years. Maybe they will get it through this journey.

Sis Digger, I am sure that some of our Lords good Word is getting through & they will yield their all to Jesus before taking their final breaths! You are a good daughter & I pray you receive the strength to keep taking care of your parents through the POWER of God's Holy Spirit, Who helps us endure & overcome all things by leaning on & trusting in Jesus always! He said He wouldn't give us any more than we could bare, as His burden is easy & His yoke is light; therefore we need to give Him our all in our loving & worshiping our Savior & Lord, OUR ALMIGHTY GOD! God Bless! Sis, Ma Betty