Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bible Study for February 24 - March 2 "Offerings of Gratitude"

The Motives of the Heart

I became a new creation in Christ before my husband. I was a stay at home mom and money was very tight. Most weeks I got a couple dollars allowance (yes to this day we still have allowances). I typically used this allowance for garage sales. When I started going to church, I would give what was left after the garage sales as my tithe. The Lord worked on my heart to where I desired to tithe more than buy second hand clothes. And don't you know , the Lord made sure that I had more and more money to tithe. Then my husband started coming to church. He was not born again and was hard-hearted at the time. He restricted my giving. Now, by this time, I had grown in my faith quite a bit, and I knew that I was to be subject to my husband. So, I prayed and prayed. The Lord answered my prayers and I have been blessed to see my husband become a new creation in Christ and he keeps me in line to make sure I have kept up with our tithes, and he also gives generously, when the Lord lays it on his heart to do so, to various other opportunities. Praise the Lord!

In what ways have you experienced the reality of how faith grows through giving freely and generously out of what you have been given?

When the pennies are few and the bills are many, I've come to rely on God to work it out. He always does! Praise the Lord! So my faith grew in the promise that God is in control, not just with finances, but in every detail of our lives. I've been able to see the attacks Satan uses in spiritual warfare. Not going to deny, it took a lot of times before I caught on. Most recently I was thrown a curveball. Typically Satan uses what he knows will make you stumble. This time a deeper thorn was pulled to the surface. But I know God is in the details and it will all work out for His Glory!

doc holiday232 said:
Thanks for a moving story. You are a good woman.

You're welcome and thank you. I've been on this site for like 10 days. I've received so much spiritual healing from it already. I feel like I'm going to a personal revival! I'm so very, very, very thankful that He led me here!

Here are some of my thoughts on the discussion questions. I look forward to reading yours.

My favorite scripture verses are:

John 15:12-13 New International Version (NIV)
12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

I have always been mission oriented. Oddly enough, I have not gone on a mission trip. I've been the active church member who is involved in the drive to raise money, collect food, clothing, blankets, toys, etc. One of my "sacrifices" as a result of my team not raising the most money was that I had to kiss a cow. Now I was raised in a suburb of Dayton Oh. I knew nothing of cows. This was one of my scariest experiences. What if it kicked me? What if it bit me? What kind of germs could it have? What kind of disease could I get? (Some who know me would say I did get "mad" cow disease, lol!) Well, I focused on the scriptures and thought, "If Jesus could die for me, the least I could do is kiss a cow!" And, trust that, because I was doing the Lord's work, nothing would happen.

I always focus on that scripture. Over the years, I've given away food, clothing, money. I have used money to buy food, clothing, school supplies. Money is just a tool that the Lord gives us. Time is another huge sacrifice. Time to teach, plan , serve. Whatever it takes. If by any of these "sacrifices" one person is eventually born again and becomes a new creation in Christ, then we have done our mission in this world. Oh, lest I forget, pray, pray, and pray some more.

God Bless,
Wrightdigger

P. S. You all need to give me a shorter nickname.

Okay, Digger for Jesus--food, money and supplies for those not so blessed! I thought you were a brother in Christ until God led me over here with Bro Martin's latest posts on the Bible & etc. Love your posts, Sis Digger, and have me back to reading the Bible posts on the CMD Forum again & also back reading my KJV Bible on the Internet--my eyes are so weak that it is difficult to see and was having trouble with the fonts being either TOO LARGE or too small but now I have learned how to adjust them and it is so easy--just hit control & the minus for smaller or the control & plus for larger--and to think how I've struggled with this issue on my LENOVA Lap Top Computer which doesn't like Windows 10 it seems??

Anyway, I am back studying the Scriptures that I had studied diligently for 20 plus years & wrote Christian poems for my Lord & Savior by the leading of His Holy Spirit, after truly saved and filled with God's Holy Spirit in 1986 when I started going with my brother & sister-in law to a Spirit filled Pentecostal church--now I am Bapticostal :lol: for I had always attended a Southern Baptist church before but the Word of God never had any meaning until Baptized in God's Holy Ghost (Spirit) , although I've known about Jesus from a young child BUT NOW I know HIM as my own personal Savior, which is a big difference in how we understand His Scriptures & serve Him or it has with me!

So glad your husband is saved & living for the Lord now--God is so GOOD to His Children who love Jesus & worship in Spirit & in Bible truth! God Bless & may He bless you with lots of good diggings, Sis Digger! :thumbup: :)

Missouri Ma Betty22 said:
Okay, Digger for Jesus--food, money and supplies for those not so blessed! I thought you were a brother in Christ until God led me over here with Bro Martin's latest posts on the Bible & etc. Love your posts, Sis Digger, and have me back to reading the Bible posts on the CMD Forum again & also back reading my KJV Bible on the Internet--my eyes are so weak that it is difficult to see and was having trouble with the fonts being either TOO LARGE or too small but now I have learned how to adjust them and it is so easy--just hit control & the minus for smaller or the control & plus for larger--and to think how I've struggled with this issue on my LENOVA Lap Top Computer which doesn't like Windows 10 it seems??

Anyway, I am back studying the Scriptures that I had studied diligently for 20 plus years & wrote Christian poems for my Lord & Savior by the leading of His Holy Spirit, after truly saved and filled with God's Holy Spirit in 1986 when I started going with my brother & sister-in law to a Spirit filled Pentecostal church--now I am Bapticostal :lol: for I had always attended a Southern Baptist church before but the Word of God never had any meaning until Baptized in God's Holy Ghost (Spirit) , although I've known about Jesus from a young child BUT NOW I know HIM as my own personal Savior, which is a big difference in how we understand His Scriptures & serve Him or it has with me!

So glad your husband is saved & living for the Lord now--God is so GOOD to His Children who love Jesus & worship in Spirit & in Bible truth! God Bless & may He bless you with lots of good diggings, Sis Digger! :thumbup: :)
Bapticostal. I love it! I go to a nondenominational church. The Lord has led me here to take refuge in fellowship with believers and also to get back into His word. I am so glad to be here and I would love to be called sis. Nice short three letter word that clarifies my gender. I've been on forums for nine months now and many have thought I was a man. (Even when I talked about my husband. That weirded me out, but also made me laugh) LOL!
I'm looking forward to reading your comments on the bible study.
Sis

Dear SIS Digger, I will try & give my input on the Bible study as the Lord leads me--I know giving is a personal thing on how each one gives of their goods & time--as we bless others in so many different ways, our Lord Jesus blesses His Children, who are adopted Jews into God's Kingdom! As we are led we are to give, but we are to give regardless for God's Word says to do so! May we lay up TREASURE in Heaven where we shall be truly blessed of our Savior & Lord, Jesus!

I am blessed right now, for in having no home and a car that doesn't run & not licensed; by I living with my sister, 11 years younger than me, & she does the grocery shopping because I am still not up to going out & doing anything being I am still down in my back & legs from having suffered a Compression Fracture in my lower lumbar--I never had anything as painful before except for labor pains & surgeries but they never lasted like this back pain --been since May 2017! There are a lot of PPL suffering with back pain, cancer & various diseases--Adam & Eve sure left the world in terrible shape when they sinned against God & lied to Him--going to have a bone to pick with Eve if I get to see her but may have to stand in a long line! :lol: Sis Betty (Ma)

Well, Ma, I understand that. I read the first lesson and drew a blank.
I'm sorry your going through so much. I was blessed to be able to get my mom out of the nursing home Friday. She was recovering from having her toes amputated. I'm praying the Lord takes her while she is at home with my dad because that's how she wants it. I'm afraid if she has anymore amputations, she won't get to be at home.

I'll keep you in my prayers!

Sis Digger, thank you for your prayers & I will pray for your mom--So sad to hear about her amputations as that has to be worse than my COPD & Fractured Back! I will pray for her to be home with your dad if & when she passes from her mortal body--may she have more time with him, you & your family--Every day is precious to be with the PPL we love! I don't see or hear from mine very often, but they are still living & can know Jesus & serve Him, as yet! God Bless & keep on keepin' on for our Savior & Lord Jesus! Amen! Sis, Ma Betty