Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BH Tracker IV best settings?

I like to start out with the sensitivity set at about 3 o'clock and the discrimination set at 9 o'clock and dig every good repeatable tone. Ground conditions/soil type will affect these settings but it is where i start from. You may need to turn the sensitivity back to get a better signal. Just remeber that if you turn the discrimination far enough to tune out iron/nail you may pass over small gold objects. Dig every good signal and you won't miss any good treasure!

Tracker IV
Pioneer 202

[quote twalton]I like to start out with the sensitivity set at about 3 o'clock and the discrimination set at 9 o'clock and dig every good repeatable tone. Ground conditions/soil type will affect these settings but it is where i start from. You may need to turn the sensitivity back to get a better signal. Just remeber that if you turn the discrimination far enough to tune out iron/nail you may pass over small gold objects. Dig every good signal and you won't miss any good treasure!

Tracker IV
Pioneer 202[/quote]

Thanks twalton I'l give it a try :detecting:

Hi Johnmed3, Different situations require different settings. I have found that sens at 3 to 4oclock, disc set on tone disc and set at the lowest possible setting on the dial. I tend to use these settings most places I detect if possible, I do dig a lot more trash up, but the amazing finds I get more than make up for that. HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

Tone mode, disc set to around 12:00, sensitivity set to around 4:00.

Since there is automatic iron rejection in the disc mode, all you are going to hear is non-ferrous targets. Disc set to 12:00 gives a good tone spread. Low tones are going to be low conductive items, the broken tone is going to be tab range conductive targets and the high tones are going to be zinc or higher conductive range targets.

Listen for the good repeatable tones. You can "thumb" your disc control if you wish to further id a low tone or a high tone. If you get a low tone, thumb your disc to about the 10:00 setting, if you get a broken tone its stands a good chance of being a nickel. When you get a high tone, thumb the disc to the 2:00 position, If you get a broken tone theres a good chance that its a zinc cent range target or a steel bottle cap. You can hear the difference in coins and steel bottle caps though with some decent headphones.

HH

Mike