Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BH Tracker II

jkasta

I just ordered the BH Tracker II for my nine old son. Good deal on Amazon. My question is what is the heritage on this MD? The BH website says it is a re-designed BH II. Was there any upgrades on the technology? What frequency does it transmit on? Can one swap out the coil? What is the overall reputation of the BH IIs, past and present.

thanks in advance.

Howdy, I have 2 tracker IV's and I'm not familiar with the tracker II. I do believe all the BH models work on 6.6kHz. I can only imagine they are of similar design to my unit, if so the 10" Magnum and the 4" nugget hunting coils can be interchanged. BH-landstar would know a lot more than I about your particular unit. Maybe give him a PM. I only answered your post because I thought that someone with more knowledge would have answered already. Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.

Hi there !

The tII has a fixed 7" coil, manual ground balance and the same disc possibilities as the t IV. The design is that of older BH models, like big bud, a s o.

BH claims it is capable to find coin-sized targets up to 7" deep, larger up to 2 feet.

This unit might be a winner. Please let us know what you think of it and the results you get. I'm interested by this potential little gem, as it has the same tone ID as fast tracker and tracker IV.

I am convinced it would give excellent results in parks and playgrounds, as well as on the beach.

HH

Nick the Belgian.

Yes...the tracker II is a rebuild on an older detector. It has Automatic and manual ground balance, 2 tone audio feedback, an intensity meter, and a 1/4" headphone jack. Sounds like it is in the same league as the Tracker IV, but holds the old box style control housing.With a 7" coil, it might be better at trash separation than the 8" coil...claims to detect coin sized objects to 7". it retails for about $99.00

HH,

BH-LandStar

look at:

http://www.detecting.com/products/