Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BH 3300 IN WET SAND????

TwT

Hi, I just ordered myself Sov GT, when this happened my 2 daughters wants detectors for themselves also so they can hunt with thier dad , my wife found a radio shake in Mississippi the other day when they were visiting for thanksgiving, she bought a discovery 1100 for $39.00, the store only had one of them and I couldn't find another but they also had a 3300 so she bought it also for $99.00, the question is can my 14 year old use this 3300 or will it be to tough for her to learn and does it work on wet beaches, they say the 1100 will but I haven't seen anything on the 3300, I seen the 3300 has manual ground balance and I hope she will learn it fast and not get bored messing with it while her little sister is just walking away with the auto 1100.... just would like to hear what you all think???

I don't know anything about those machines but I am willing to bet the kids will know how to use them very quickly.

You may be upgrading real soon for the both of them.

the 1100 will do the same. it will work in/on fresh water, maybe some falsing going from dry to wet. I own a 3300 and it works somewhat in the dry sand. I quickly bought an excal after 1 month with the BH. My wife was using the BH occasionaly until she tried the excal, now she won't touch it. I am waiting on a sovereign for her now. If you hunt fresh water you should be OK BUTTTTT!! if you plan on salt beach hunting you may want to consider a machine that is made to handle mineralized beaches. I am sure if you ask someone will point you towards an inexpensive machine that will work a little better. That is a GREAT deal on the BH machines and they do work well in the right places. If you need any suggestions on settings PM me

Thanks, ok now I will know what to expect when we go to the beach, guest they still will be able to hunt relics with me and maybe some prospecting.... thanks again!!!