Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beware Spiders

Pete in MI

[attachment 265419 Spiders.jpg]

We have an over abundance of Wolf Spiders in this area of Michigan...and some are BIG and they have a very NASTY bite. Killed one of our cats!!! Oh BTW the Wolf Spider is VERY AGGRESSIVE...one JUMPED onto my wife 4 times..each time she brushed it off her it jumped back on her until I knocked it off her and stomped the guts out of it. Only good spider is DEAD one! Wolf Spiders are nasty and their bite is worse..my wife has been bitten in her sleep several times on her face and abdomen. It has also enough poison to kill a cat - we will miss Bruce..but I won't miss killing every spider I see especially the Wolf Spider. The poison in the cat did not kill him immediately but over a week to two weeks it killed him slowly and horribly. One way of knowing if you have too many spiders is when you used to hear crickets chirping at night and now you don't - freaking spiders killed them.

Thanks for that. I have seen all but the Huntsman here in or around the house over the past 4 years and I cant stand each and every one of them so I'm with you. The only good spider is a dead one! Now. I wont go out of my way to kill one and most of the times. I leave the ones who like to spin webs out on my front porch late a night alone because I know they are just trying to find that late night snack. But if any of them ( other than Granddaddy long legs) comes close to me then it is over with!

You know. The Bible says, thou shall not kill. I wonder if that includes spiders as well?

Pete, first I'd like to say sorry about the loss of your cat, that is horrible to see an animal die a painful death. Second, I have forwarded the chart to Al so she can show the kids. In NC, we have pretty much all of those critters especially the brown recluse. Thank you for posting the chart, I really appreciate it. Lastly, when I get home tonight I will try to post a picture of how I try to control some of the nasties around my house;

Spiders
Ants
Yellow Jackets
Hornets

As for the spiders, I'm with you. Thanks for the post Pete.

Thanks for sharing this chart with us all. We've has an abundance of little black spiders around and within our apartment complex. I've killed a lot of them since the heavy rains we've had here in west Michigan. I'm with you Pete. The only good spider is a dead spider! I don't like anything with more than four legs...period!