Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best SEF coil for Gamma 6000?

Woodrow

I'm hoping to have a new Gamma in a couple weeks along with the 11" dd and 5" coil for the trashy areas. Just curious if anyone uses any of the SEF coils on thier Gammas?.....It'll be a down-the-road purchase, but I would like to know the results if possible....I'm thinking that 15" would look great on the Gamma even with the extra weight, but not sure if they're compatable yet. Maybe try a middle-of-the-road SEF for more depth, but less of the other problems that comes along with the bigger coils.

Can anyone suggest from experience any SEF coils available for the Gamma and how do they perform?...Just curious as I'm not too familiar with the SEF coils.

Thanks again and HH :detecting:

I own a Gamma and I bought a SEF 12x10 from a site, I don't link it to avoid spam but it's sold like a Fisher F5 coil and I can assure that is 100% compatible with our Gamma... you must only check if your gamma is the screw on connector or the push connector version, and order the right coil.

Unfortunately I've never tried the Teknetics 11" DD but I can assure that this coil is absolutely stunning if compared to the round 8" stock coil, about 20% more depth (not 30% as shown on youtube videos) with still great discrimination, great target separation, great soil coverage, less fake signals from mineralisation, very easy pinpointing...

Bad things: a little bit more weight (but the gamma is lightweight itself, so this is not a problem for me)... and some trouble while pinpointing; sometimes you find exactly the target with the pinpointer or crossing swings over the target, but the item is located on the border of the hole you dug, in the left part of the coil... this is a rare issue, and can be solved using a good pinpointer like (imho) the Garrett Propointer to recover quickly any item.

To give you a reference of depth with 12x10 SEF, a 50 eurocent in medium/high mineralised soil is seen at about 25-28cm (never reached 30cm in my test bed), and with the 8" coil at about 20cm .Air tests are waaaaaayyyy better in both cases, but it's not only a matter of depth, but also signal stability and target identification.

Hope I've been useful, sorry for poor english!

See you!

Thanks for the reply....just curious about the SEF coils as they seem to be doing well on most machines I've articles on
Might have to try one at some point:cheers: