Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best recovery/digging tools> please advise!!!

Hi all. After about 5 years away from this hobby I am finally getting back into it. I just bought the Explorer SE Pro from wpaxt (THANKS!!!) and am in the process of acquiring the rest of the "tools of the trade".

Please advise me as to which is the best overall coinshooters recovery tool. I tend to be rough on equipment so I really need a tough digger. Any and all advise is appreciated.

I think I found my answer. I am going to go with the Predator 85. I was looking at a Lesche digger but after some research found that Lesche actually makes Predator and, now, his "competition" makes the Lesche. Correct me if I am wrong.

But I am going to buy the Predator. Made on American soil of American steel by American workers!!!

Silversniper,if you don't have a Sunray probe on your Explorer a good pin pointer is a must for parks.There are a lot of knife type diggers and Lesche is among the best.I like these knife trowels great to cut or pry with.I would not use a shovel for parks or schools which tend to alarm grounds keepers.The simple carpet apron works best for me very cheap I have a couple on hand and can throw on in the wash after a muddy hunt.A lot of hunters use a 1 x 1 1/2 ft plastic tarp to drop dirt on and dump back into the hole. Give the Explorer a little time to learn one of the best metal detectors to find old coins.Good Luck.

Ron- Thanks for the advice. I do, definitely, intend to acquire a probe. I have had some good advice against the SunRay due to the addition of extra weight to the machine.

I am looking at the DetectorPro Pistol Probe and the Garrett ProPointer. Heard great things about both. Rumor has it that Andy Sabisch (or Sabich. I've found some discrepancy), himself, uses a ProPointer alongside his Explorer. So if it is good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

Silversniper,I like the Sunray on the Sovereign,but not on the Explorer.The Pistol Probe is great for deep targets but is hard to pinpoint surface targets.I use a Bullseye ll with this probe.I know wow two pin pointers,but it works for me.The Garrett may be a good compromise? Detector-pro makes the PI pin pointer with the headphones a lot of hunters like this probe, which will allow the hunter to use this probe with other units.