Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

best pinpointer for the money?

HeronBlue

Hey all,
Im looking to buy a pinpointer and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what is the best for the money. I know the Garret pro comes highly recommended but it is a bit pricey. Thanks!

Trust and save up for that one, You won't regret it.

Can't beat the Garrett Pro-pointer. A little pricey but well worth it.

Blue the Garrett is one tough pin pointer. I have had one for 2 years and it has helped find thousands of coins. Turn it on and turn it off thousands of times and use the nose to push the dirt around. Hunted over 50 hunts with it before I needed another 9v battery. It is worth the money. It will help find those coins that look just like the ground. Also when you pin point with your detector, take your little Garrett out and find exactly where the coin is up to 2 " deep. You can also use it as a little metal detector by going around the coin and find other coins near the spot of the coin you detected. It is real handy and tough. Good investment. Thanks for reading and HH.....Z

it is worth the investment no more B.S. with cheap ( Edit) or (Edit) crapy bulls eye, ive owned the fisher pinpointer auto max 4 and a couple others and the garrett by far other than the treasure mate will kick anythings but!

When I am bending down after pinpointing with the detector, I automatically reach for the Propointer. The digging tool and screw driver are hanging from my pouch on the left side but do not select one or the other until I see if I can find the coin from the surface with the Propointer.

I do it this way because if I can pick it up with the Propointer, I will use the screw driver to pop it out of the ground which leave little or no trace at all that you ever dug anything.

Targets beyond the reach of the propointer get dug with the digging tool. I dig a generous flap with about a four inch ball of dirt/roots attached. The coin will quite often be visible in the bottom hole or the flap but if it isn't the Propointer makes short work of finding it.

I started out with the Harbor Freight pin pointer and it does work as advertised and will save you lots of time in finding dirt colored coins. It is a good value for the money and I still have one for a backup but have never needed it since I got the Propointer.

The Harbor Freight and several other pinpointers built along the same lines are like toys compared to the Propointer. The Propointer is very well built and durable. It does cost most but there is an old saying about getting what you pay for. I think it is well worth the money.

Jerry

Do yourself a favor and buy the Garrett. Spend the extra money!!!!! I think I have tried them all, Garrett is the BEST!!!!!!

The Garrett Pro-Pointer is the best for the money. It vibrates and gives you a variable tone as you get closer to the target
and is very rugged plus you can double it's sensitivity by using this washer set-up (photo) by sliding the washer
forward until it chirps then slide it back slightly until it just stops chirping and you will have doubled your
sensitivity to about 4".

The Garrett Propointer for all the reasons already stated. I have heard many good things about the Detectorpro pinpointer as well.

A good pinpointer is not going to be cheap, but they all the difference in the world to me!

Garret's Pro Pointer :thumbup:

i agree! charlie sure does know how to make a good pin pointer!
correct color too! (lol!)

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Lol. I have to agree with everyone before me,I have 3 other pinpointers but I would be lost without my propointer.:thumbup:

I think the top pinpointer or metal probe

Communicates with

1. Buzzer alarm
2. LED light ( green for power; red for warning ; yellow for lower power )
3. Vibration ( switchover ON, OFF, a sound of light or mode of vibration )
4. Top LED flashlight Output bright Distance 5-8 meters
5. Rechargeable Li battery

a. dim should less than 24mm
b. waterproof or underwater hunting avilable
c. cheap less than USD100.00 ( EMS freight included )

can assembling without tool and small enough to put into the pocket
do not damage even dropping form 10 meters high
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what you said models are just so so and I believe not the top one in the world

Metalprobe

Pros:
The headphones are quality headphones.
The probe is a pulse induction probe that has a fully adjustable range.
The probe is waterproof.
Only top is hot. Easy to tell when you have passed your target in the hole.
Excellent depth. 3 -4 inches is normal. Saves from digging shallow plugging and speeds recovery
You are totally quiet. You hear the probe in your headphones. No barking dogs. No sudden dog appearences when your are down on one knee retreiving a target.
The probe is attached to you. No more walking off and loosing your probe.
You can turn it into a full size pulse detector with some accessory coils.

Cons:
In the brush you have one more cord you have to pay attention to.
If you stress the headphone cord too much, you can disconnect the headphone and go silent and not know it (easy fix - rig all your units so that the headphones plug in a the armrest).
If you want to use a different headphone for some reason, you no longer have the probe available.

HH
Mike