Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best low-end detector...

Billiot

I need help, due to unforseen river swim, my MD is no longer with us....I'm looking for opinion on the best detector for under 300 bucks. Garrett, Whites, Bounty Hunter and Groundefx are ones I've been looking at... Any opinion would be awsome..

If I had a 300 dollar budget and wanted to buy NEW, I would look at the Bounty Hunter Platinum. Not too many detectors in that price range have a ground balance adjustment, which the Platinum has. Another sleeper in this price range is a Whites Coinmaster GT. It has auto tracking and track lock. If you are looking at used, another hundred bucks will get you a Whites MXT or possibly a MX5. Put an add out for "looking for a detector, 300 bucks to spend" You might be surprised what might turn up. Good luck!

The new Bounty Hunters look interesting.
The Euro Tek Pro has been the darling of the low end lines for a bit, has some features that most entry level units never had in the past.
The Ace's have been popular for years but no VDI numbers on the screen which can be very helpful.
The F2 has those multiple coil packages that offer great value with a very productive detector thrown in.
My $200 F2 has found me over 10X's that amount in clad, silver and gold, plus relics and more.

Do your homework...there are more good entry level units being offered today than any time in the past.

I just ordered an ace 350 from Kelly Co for $248 I used a coupon code NWOFFER saved me $50

If I were buying another detector I would consider the EuroTec Pro.
Scroll down to Teknetics and you can read the many comments
by satisfied users. I once thought about the Delta 4000 but in my
opinion it's too flimsy. The EuroTec has depth reading and a automatic
pinpoint with the 8inch concentric coil.Many happy campers out there.
It operates at well over 7khz..almot 8.
Good luck.
Robt2300

I've read many great comments on the Euro tek Pro. Second, the F2. Or some say F2 first. Many love Garetts 250's.
Id go Euro Tek Pro. Iron audio feature is the bomb. Almost deep as Omega. Money wise it'll leave you some for a little cool gear.
Dog

If you want a display, I would also recommend the Eurotek Pro, but be warned it does occassionally have EMI issues.

If you do not need a display, a Tesoro Compadre would be my first choice with all others a distant second.

but save your money till you have a little over $400, that's where you start getting detectors that
sold for around double that like a MXT, CZ , ML 700 series or Gti 1500. I guarantee after a few months you will be
looking to upgrade the $300 unit.

vlad said:
but save your money till you have a little over $400, that's where you start getting detectors that
sold for around double that like a MXT, CZ , ML 700 series or Gti 1500. I guarantee after a few months you will be
looking to upgrade the $300 unit.

I must be weird or something.
Used my Vaq for months but after getting the less than half of that price F2 just as a take on vacation detector I found I loved swinging that thing and it became my prime unit.
A year later I got the even cheaper Compadre and that got into heavy rotation with the F2 after the great stuff it found almost immediately.
Going down seemed good for me, I actually thought of just taping my Propointer to a stick and see what I could do but cooler heads prevailed.
Last Dec I got a higher level F70 so I will start the process all over again I guess.

f2 or etp. Only gold I have found was with the f2

Euro Tek Pro and Compadre good entry detectors.

All I can think is Garrett ACE 350 and I heard lot of good on this machine! Next would be AT Pro if you don't mind to spent few more dollars!

Check kellyco used detectors. Alot are just used for demos and are way cheaper than new. I picked up my minelab safari for $800 when they were listed as $1,300. Over your mentioned budget but you might find a cheaper but higher end detector for an unbelievable price. I should mention that my safari came in the original packaging with all manuals ect and showed not a scratch of use. Only thing I got was a deal! It works amazing

Revier said:
Do your homework...there are more good entry level units being offered today than any time in the past.

Silver uMax. $254. A coin magnet. Been known to love rings.