Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BEST FOR DEEP COINSHOOTING.......???

so i have had the F75 for a bit, and im finding allot less new coins with this detector, i would pull out maybe $2-3 a hunt with my ACE 250.. usually. as with this machine, i hardly ever find clad..or silver LOL. what is the best program to run for coin shooting deep silver, and maybe even picking up some clad? whats your sens turned up to? and how many tones do y'all use?
any tips?

I would start in the default mode with the audio at 3H....Works for me on places that I want to cover before I go for the super deep targets. Best to you, Richard

Authorized Fisher Dealer and User

I've been running Sensitivity around 90, discrimination at 15, tones at 3H and mode at dE (default). Found 21 coins today in 55 minutes on my lunch break. That's a record (I believe) for me. 2Q, 5D, 4N, 10C.

The only silver I've hit with the F-75 so far is jewelry and planted coins at our club hunt, so I can't really help you there.

Deep silver you'd probably want to try to open her up with the jewelry mode or even all metal.

HH

Hi all!

Coin finding.

Silver is the easiest to find, therefore the first to be depleted from any location (pro rata). Naturally, copper comes virtually in the same conductivity bracket so ranks with silver.
Size and depth of either dictating their detectability.
That fact stated, therefor means that on any previously worked site these should become rarer finds, after each visit.

As for the Ace 250 versus F75 finding capabilities, well thats more down to the user's understanding of each unit's fortes rather than any limitations of the detectors.

It's a subjective comparison to make and one that serves little purpose unless the poster clearly states all the parameters which he uses for each unit. Also, admitting his limited understanding, experience, or proficiency of either detector.

If you screw a site for 12 months with ANY detector, then whatever you follow with has less of an opportunity to show how well it would have done if it were the first to be used there.

Also consider the frequency of each unit
If they differ by several kilohertz then each will peak in efficiency differently, depending on ground conditions, trash, and target to trash proximity and density.

Differing search head sizes and formulation, render derogatory comparisons meaningless unless such observations are accompanied by explanations of the writer's appreciation of why.

The F75 or T2 will hold its own with any detector in the general run of things. It will beat most others when a site has been supposedly 'cleaned out'

THAT IS, IF THERE IS ANYTHING LEFT TO BE FOUND.
That relates to location, intrinsic ground conditions and trash density (if any). .

Too many posts on metal detecting forums are naive,and their queries lacking in detail, making a constructive reply, difficult.

The Ace 250 is a fine unit, and if I remember correctly (its 6.5kHz operating frequency), is the optimum for general coin shooting and discriminatory resolution.

The F75's 12/13 KHz is more about sensitivity to any target material and its relative 'thinness/size'.

Try standing still and detecting carefully the ground around you.
It may amaze you what a focused search can produce
....MattR.UK.

[quote MattR]Hi all!

Coin finding.
Silver is the easiest to find, therefore the first to be depleted from any location (pro rata). Naturally, copper comes virtually in the same conductivity bracket so ranks with silver.
Size and depth of either dictating their detectability.
That fact stated, therefor means that on any previously worked site these should become rarer finds, after each visit.
As for the Ace 250 versus F75 finding capabilities, well thats more down to the user's understanding of each unit's fortes rather than any limitations of the detectors.
It's a subjective comparison to make and one that serves little purpose unless the poster clearly states all the parameters which he uses for each unit. Also, admitting his limited understanding, experience, or proficiency of either detector.
If you screw a site for 12 months with ANY detector, then whatever you follow with has less of an opportunity to show how well it would have done if it were the first to be used there.
Also consider the frequency of each unit
If they differ by several kilohertz then each will peak in efficiency differently, depending on ground conditions, trash, and target to trash proximity and density.
Differing search head sizes and formulation, render derogatory comparisons meaningless unless such observations are accompanied by explanations of the writer's appreciation of why.
The F75 or T2 will hold its own with any detector in the general run of things. It will beat most others when a site has been supposedly 'cleaned out'
THAT IS, IF THERE IS ANYTHING LEFT TO BE FOUND.
That relates to location, intrinsic ground conditions and trash density (if any). .
Too many posts on metal detecting forums are naive,and their queries lacking in detail, making a constructive reply, difficult.
The Ace 250 is a fine unit, and if I remember correctly (its 6.5kHz operating frequency), is the optimum for general coin shooting and discriminatory resolution.
The F75's 12/13 KHz is more about sensitivity to any target material and its relative 'thinness/size'.
Try standing still and detecting carefully the ground around you.
It may amaze you what a focused search can produce
....MattR.UK.
[/quote]

I've spent the better part of the last month and a half (on and off) searching the same area of a soccer field complex that's probably 20 metres by 10 metres. I've used primarily the F75 but also the F4. I'm trying to find a tiny ring that a girl lost which has been in their family for 3 generations. EVERYTIME I search that area, I find a huge number of targets. Very few are "reseeds" dropped by the fans. I've gone over that patch from left to right, right to left 4 way diagonals, you name it, I've probably tried it twice. The fields are a great learning spot because the soil is great, there's very little electrical interference, if any, and the digging is very easy. The point being that although many of the variables are fairly constant, the number of targets is diminishing due to all the pressure. The really impressinve part, however, is that I STILL FIND SOOOO MANY TARGETS.
Tagamet

Hello Tag...You must have the patience of a saint to persevere in your quest of finding such an elusive target. It's a good incentive though to keep on trying.

What metal is the ring composed of,(and carat if gold) and what would you anticipates its TID being? I wonder what made the person who lost it, so sure of the location? ....Matt

[quote MattR]Hello Tag...You must have the patience of a saint to persevere in your quest of finding such an elusive target. It's a good incentive though to keep on trying.
What metal is the ring composed of,(and carat if gold) and what would you anticipates its TID being? I wonder what made the person who lost it, so sure of the location? ....Matt[/quote]

It's a TINY gld "pinky ring" with two stones that were the child's grandparent's birth stones. I had a minor coronary when I found a similar ring at the fields, but it had no stones. That one rang up in the low 50's (I think 53). The child's mom struck up a conversation while they were searching with a toy metal detector (literally, a toy). I've called them twice to see if it "turned up" yet, but it hasn't. I have no idea WHY, but the child says she is sure she lost it in that piece of turf.
I do consider myself pretty patient, and it's a worthy cause. It's just incredible how much stuff we walk over, time and again.
Be well and God Bless,
Tagamet

My favorite Deep Seeking Settings are....................
Je mode.
2 tones.
Discrim on 6. or a Zero discrim setting if you are on CLEAN ground that is reasonably free of Iron .Zero can be noisey but you can still pick the good target sound out if you listen very carefully for them.
Sensitivity as high as you can get it for the particular site your on. I usually start off at 80 and then lower as required as per ground your working if required. If the 75 is jittery and poppin n squarkin, just lower Sens till it is smooth to the ear . Dig only repeatable EACH WAY targets.

Clad and coinshooting are two different activities.

For clad, turn your disc all the way up, notch in nickels, tones on 3 or 4, DE mode, drop your sensitivity down to around 45, and start covering ground. Don't mess around with the iffy signals and your clad count will increase.

Coinshooting requires a lot of patience in one area, checking out every repeatable peep no matter what the meter reads. Since you are not covering as much ground, you won't be finding as much clad. I set up more for the audio when coinshooting and ignore the meter readings. In some of my ground, deep nickels will give a high tone peep and a id number in the 80s. If you follow the meter information it is easy to leave good targets in the ground so I like to set up different for coinshooting. Disc around 6 or 7, DE or JE mode, 2F tones, sens around 45 or higher for JE, and 80+ in DE if the ground lets me. I also raise my pinpoint sensitivity a little higher than the factory setting. Between the 2F tone and the pinpoint audio you can tell alot about a object and be more likely to dig the good stuff while leaving the trash in the ground. If you focus on the meter, it will be the other way around.

Good luck!

Mike

Lots of time, If there isn't a trememdous amount of junk, I will did all non-ferrous targets....I find a lot of jewelry this way...older deep coins too since they usually aren't consistent on the signal and audio...Richard R