Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

best find to date.

I can not imagine what it would be like to live in an area that coins of that age are found. Heck, I am tickled with a coin from the 1800's and you find them 2100 years old! Fantastic!

I try to tell new people to the forum that the biggest thrill I get when writtng a story is getting the chance to relive it. When you write it it is like doing it all over again.

Any time you have a story about detecting or your youth or anythng about England, please share it. I have never been over there and probably never will and sharing in your adventures is the only way I am ever likely to experience what you have.

If you have gabby friends, besure to tell them about us :thumbup:

I would love to get over your way someday and find something like that. My best find to date is an 1820 silver uniform button from the Vermont militia.
Welcome to the forum and hurry back!

Dave

spending coins that age in England :laugh:

What the heck that was doing in Victoria, I do not know. :) :)

all the best

M

If we find a coin from the 1800, we feel that we are doing well. But to find them from that age. Whew.. VERY NICE!!!!! I am jealous. And like Royal, this is the closest that I will get to anything that old.

All the best

M

I believe you are echoing the story of many of us with our first detecting experiences. You however have access to incredible history and you folks have "hedges" that are older than our countries:D
Good story, thank you:thumbup:
Wayne

Thanks guys I wish that I had previewed the pic's before I posted a bit bigger than I anticipated:blush:.
To answer David yes we have to report all silver and gold antiquities and there is asalso a voluntary scheme for recording evrything over 300 years old.
I am humbled by your attitudes. When I first started detecting I was happy to find anything. The age was unimportant to me. I now have a box with Roman and 17th 18th century coins which to me is rubbish. I have gave many Roman coins away to the kids I encounter whilst detecting or even visiting the house and seeing my collection. It seems that I have forgotten the importance of the find. I am more interested in age and condition now. Perhaps it is about time I re-evaluated my attitude.

As for visiting the UK I know that there are people who charge vast sums of money to bring you over here to detect. I am sure that if anyone wanted to come to this country for a detecting holiday that it could be arranged with free detecting. There are plenty of detectorists that would be able to point you in the right direction and get you on some land. We also have rallies over here which although can't guarantee you finding anything the company and british ale make up for it. Last year at one of the big ones someone found a hoard of gold torcs and bracelets which were celtic. A dealer offered him

are such that I can not any time soon.

n/t

i knew you had to report,but thought it had to be over a certain amount,thought that if you found a few it wasn't needed.

Welcome! It would be great if you would find it in your heart to become a regular on the Forum. I enjoyed your story and learned a few new things about coin hunting. I did not know that an old coin could break in two after being in the earth for a super long period of time. Please consider posting another story and you are always welcomed here! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

David yes there is an amount which is classed as a hoard, It is classed as 3 or more items which are contemporary with each other.