Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Find Ever with Made with our Aquanaut 1280.

Bob Stephens

[attachment 32013 SARing.JPG]
[attachment 32014 SARingSide.JPG]

Hi Gang! We got out this afternoon and hit a local park or two. Working outward and circling around a picnic table, I was digging beer bottle caps by the score but persisted with the beep and dig it all approach with my workhorse Aquanaut 1280.

Well....! I got another signal that was no different from any pulltab or penny hit and when I opened a hole to check this latest target out, I was thrilled to pull out a massive gold ring, the first gold of the year for me.

This ring is really a gem of a find. It's a large mens' gold ring but instead of having a precious stone on top, it has a 1/10 ounce fine gold South African Krugerrand coin! What we found today was a combination of gold ring and an investment quality gold coin! I'm still on cloud nine and so is Louise.

The pictures show the front of the coin as it appears on the face of the ring. The portrait is that of John Kruger, President of the Old Republic of South Africa and the man for whom the Krugerrand is named.

The other picture shows a side shot of the ring which is massive -it weighs 8.9 dwt (pennyweight). It's ironic, whomever lost this beauty of a ring had a spacer put on it to prevent loss!

Anyway, this was the find of the day and for that matter, the find of the year for us. It just goes to show that patience and persistance pay off when pursuing this great hobby of ours.

We're going back and trying out for more!

Best Regards and Happy Hunting to all.

Bob and Louise. Hamilton.

:detecting:Hi Joe! Good to hear from you.

The Krugerrand Ring is the high point of my metal detecting finds and as I uncovered this on a "beep and dig it all" type of hunt, I'm encouraged to undertake this type of hunt more often as there are plenty of good finds to be made in super trashy areas!

Even if I never find another Kruger in my detecting life, I'll have plenty of fun and adventure trying to find one and will find plenty of goodies in the process.

Best Regards and Happy Hunting Joe!

Bob and Louise. Hamilton, Ontario.