Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

best find ever :surprised: revolutionary war coin and others

MXTJASON

hello I'm so happy i just found a bunch of old coins and still dont know how to clean them with out messing them up. the one coin from what i herd is a revolutionary war coin it has 13 stars around a big 5 in the center of the coin and says united states of America..
one other coin is a large pennie that has one cent in the center of it .. the other one i know is a Indian pennie (looks like 1863) and the large one has a guy sitting on it (still have no clue what it is )
if anybody can tell me what these are or if there worth anything please let me know also when i learn how to clean them up i will post new pictures hh everybody

Jason

Jason...I'm not a real good coin reader but I think what you have there is...

The "5" in the circle of stars is a US "shield nickel". The date will be found on the obverse side under the shield. It will be a very small date. They were made around the 1860's-1870's.

The big penny is a US "Large Cent" or possibly a "Half-cent" made in the early 1800's

The smaller penny is indeed an "Indian-head" cent...made in the mid to late 1800's.

The coin with the man sitting on something could possibly be a British 2 pence...there's not enough detail to know for sure.

Looks like all your finds are mid to late 1800's. That's got to be a great place to hunt! Keep looking for that older silver! Good finds!

Like I said...I don't know a lot about coins but there is a wealth of folks and information out there that can identify them for sure. You're doing great!

Charles (Sabre)(Tx)

Man thats a great day! Im going in the morning rain or shine. Going to hit the old Saloon. Its in a cornfield so the rubber boots are coming out! Location is everything. And it sounds like you got one!