Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BEST CONFIGURATION FOR DETECTORS

[size=large]Greetings once again my friends.

Ok, here's the jist of it: I have three detectors now:

1) DFX
2) Beach Hunter ID
3) Surf PI

I know I know...don't ask. Right now I have the PI on a short dive-rod (I haven't done much SCUBA, but I like to snorkel), and the Beach Hunter is on its stock-length rod. I havent yet used the PI, but I hear its superior for deep targets in water. Its so much more comfortable (and you have to fight less against waves) snorkeling close to the bottom with a short dive-rod than to snorkel higher above the bottom with a shortened stock-length rod. Also, I HATE adjusting the stock-rod length and the subsequent cable manipulation associated with doing so.

My question: Which is the best configuration to have on either of the two water detectors? Should I continue to have the PI on the short Dive-rod and snorkel along thigh to waste-deep water, and use the Beach Hunter for ankle-deep water, OR keep them both on their respective stock-length rods, OR keep one and sell the other (and if so, which?)???[/size]

I have similar detectors but instead of the BeachHunter I have a Detector Pro Diver...I use stock shafts for all my water hunting as I don't swim ;) I will use the DFX in the dry sand if I feel like hunting there and I usually don't.. I will hunt in the wet sand with the Diver only if the wet sand has alot of iron otherwise I use my PI in the wet sand and water over 90% of the time as I don't want to give up depth I would with a discriminating machine.

I also use stock shafts and hip mount. Diving / snorkeling is fun, but have you ever tried to dig a target without having your feet firmly planted? The scoop doesn't move into the ground, you move AWAY from the target!!! HH Joe

Hi Mr T i have both Craig warned of frustration with Pi Pro it got to me so i got Beach Hunter ID

I like it, but cant sell Pi keep hoping a detecting bud might get there feet wet LOL

I will be busting out Pi this week i could be the guy with one in in each hand

P S Craig your posts turn me greeeeeeeeeeen with envy you get what u put in

Well back to the water maybe it time for some gold Good Luck

LOL... gman... I haven't hunted much this year but thats all going to change starting next week as I have finally caught up on my work load ;)