Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best coin detector

JackyPT

Hi everyone at Find-mall

I have a question to all the experts of the forum.
I have hunted with GTI2500 from Garret, Minelab E-Trac and Minelab Excalibur...
For the beaches, i work with the excalibur and i love it... for the type of beaches that i detect is the best...
For the other type of detectorism that i do, mostly coins in areas WITHOUT trash, i think E-Trac could not be the best detector for me...

I now that the E-trac is one good machine but i also think that this machine is good to work on trashy sites... with a very good discrimination...

Now... on areas without trash?!?!? i don

The E-Trac is still going to be good without trash but I know some guys who hunt in low trash who say they like the CZ-3D best in those areas. Can't speak from direct experience with it though. I can say an E-Trac with an Ultimate 13 coil is getting as deep as I want to dig!

If you want small, deep coins and don't have trash, the White's TDI would be a good choice.

The E-trac is most capable for trash or no trash areas.

Se Pro would work well

The Fisher F75 would work well

The Teknetics T2 would work well

Now please understand that is from my perspective only.. From my experiences only.

I am certain there are many, many more detectors that would fill your needs. So read all the replies, and make your choice..

One you and many may over look.......... Your Minelab Excalibur works great on land.

I already test Excalibur one time but the field was not good... i didn

I've found a good sharp DD coil such as the 12x10 can do wonders for left/right separation in heavy trash. A coil has to be able to light up the good find and not the trash in order to find it IMO. All comes down to the coil for me.

Based on what your looking for and what you want to do, the E-Trac is the unit to go with, you just got to set it up right. Like someone else said above, a bigger coil will also help.

As for deeper coins, depends on how deep and how big it is, there are also other factors that will cut down the detection depth, most detectors will not see a coin thats over 18" deep.