Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best coin coil besides 3 khz

jreb

I am a Relic hunter but I still like coinshooting I have the 18.75 dd and 7.5 big ds and the 518 inch concentric coil. What coil would be best in a trashy area?

6" DD 18.75 the best for high trash.

I still do OK with the stock coil in lighter trash.

Good Hunting,

Denny

I also relic hunt most. And buy far the best coil in trash is the 6 inch 18.75khz. I have found relics and coins that I missed with my 9inch 7.5, 9inch18.75 and 10.5 7.5 coil. And it gets good depth.

I had a friend that was using a xlt and his said a target was iron and mine was giving a 32. He said it was iron I said no way . I dug it and it was a civil war revolver bullet.

Yeah the minnow balls usually jump between 22 to as high as 46 but the tone always sounds solid

OK. I'll be the one to disagree.
If I read your post correctly, you have a 7.5kHz DD coil? It would deffinately be my choice over any 18.75kHz coil in "normal" soil conditions. If the minerization is a sufficient concern, then an 18.75 might be appropriate. I would even choose a 6" 7.5kHz concentric over an 18.75kHz DD in trash, again as long as minerization isn't a problem.

Fairly good soil ill try the 7.5 out I have read the 18.75 was better in yeast areas so I have been a little reluctant to try it

I have never tried the 6 inch 7.5 so I do not know about it.

Between the two larger DD coils, I don't find much difference in depth. I do, however, have to lower the Sensitivity down a couple clicks when using the HF, compared to the MF. If the area you are hunting is loaded with "modern trash" (pull tabs and aluminum scrap), you'll likely find the MF provides fewer high tone falses and a more accurate TID on those pieces of trash. JMHO HH Randy

The mid freq worked out well, I'd say. Way to go! HH Randy