Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best coil for M6

We really need to know what kind of hunting you're doing before making a recommendation. Example: If you're looking for coins in trashy parks or relics in iron infested cellar holes the 8"X14" would be terrible.

I bought the Whites 14x8 coil for my DFX years ago which works on the M6 as well,what do i think about it well its been sat in the cupboard for years as well,its a good coil and does go deeper so why dont i use it ?? just the sheer weight of it and no other reason.I sometimes bring it out to play but not very often i think its the heaviest coil that i own and that i feel is the main reason is was never a popular coil.

Just after i bought the 14x8 coil i bought the 12'' Hotshot in my opinion its a far better coil albeit its 2'' smaller size wise i feel its just as deep but only half the weight.

White's thinks the best coil for the M6 is the one they put on it but that might not be the best coil for you and your kind of hunting. There are aftermarket coils for just about any kind of hunting, but before we can make a recommendation, we need a lot more information.

As far as the 8X12 goes, it is heavy, too heavy for me. Also it is a DD coil, best used in very mineralized ground. If your ground is not very mineralized, a Concentric coil would be the better choice. Larger coils for more depth and coverage, smaller coils for better separation, elliptical coils for separation and coverage. It all boils down to your hunting needs.

I'm not crazy about the 950 coil that comes with it. The 9" spider coil mounts a little closer to the center and just has a better feel. Personally I feel a good combination is to have a 9" spider coil and the Eclipse 5.3 coil. With those two coils you are about covered for all types of hunting. I would avoid the 8x14.

DD/SEF coils are not the best choice for beach hunting, they seem to false a lot because of the coil design and lack of mineralization on the beach. I would stick with a Concentric. The Super 12/300 will give good coverage and depth and my favorite is the Bigfoot 3X18 but they are not made anymore and quite expensive.