Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best coil for coinshooting with the 705??

I'm thinking about buying another coil for my 705 pretty soon. I primarily a coinshoot in old and trashy yards / homesteads. Just wondering what some of you use for coinshooting trashy yards. Thanks! CoinShooter-Craig

I don't know about the 705 but since it's a kissing cousin to the X-70 I think it would well be worth your time to look at the 3KHz. It's a killer on silver coins.

I have had the X-70 for about a year now but have just really started using it a lot the past few months. I have the 6" 18.75kHz DD, 9" 7.5kHz Standard, 5x10 18.75kHz DD, and 10" 7.5kHz DD. I find that the 6" DD is great on coins in heavy trash. I have been hunting a very trashy parking lot at a local baseball park and just today I could see two pieces of alum. foil on the ground about 2" apart but when I waved over them I got them plus another sound and was able to pinpoint on a 30 value. Dug up the penny. I sometimes get upwards of 15 signals per swing in some areas. I don't know how deep the coil will go on silver but it can separate targets like a knife. I also dug a nickle today that was under a tab top and had a penny about 2" away. I found the penny with my Detector Pro pinpointer while checking the hole. Most of these coins are only 1-3 inches in depth, the ground is very hard below that and I am going to get the shallow targets before working any deep ones as there is just too much there. I have spent about 5 hours there and dug near 200 coins and I have only covered about 5 parking spaces. The 6" will also hit very tiny targets. I dug several lead bird shot and 22 slugs while in Australia back in Feb. but I didn't get any nuggets. If its trashy I use the 6" DD.

Dave

7.5klz covers coins pretty well. 3klhz will probably hit silver coins a little more and 18.75 should be nice on small gold jewlry and rings

That 3 khz coil is a coin vaccum it seems like. It will keep you on your knees digging. I am growing kind of fond of the 7.5 khz 6"er though for those tight spots but don't think anything will replace the 3 khz'er. A Kirby that runs off 4 double A batteries is all I can say:minelab::bouncy:

There are two 6" coils, a concentric at 7.5 KHz, and a DD at 18.75 KHz.. I have the concentric, and it's great in trashy ground and even areas that aren't so trashy....I am seriously considering the 9" 3 KHz coil from what I've read on this forum (my silver count has been a bit low)..If you are looking for acoil in trashy area, either of the 6" will work well from what I've read on this forum.

There's a DD 6 inch18.75 kHZ and a Concentric 6 inch 7.5 kHZ. The DD does better in trash.

HH
BarnacleBill

Ive been using the 9'" concentric 18.75klhz coil it rocks.Its hot on jewlry and coins .That way you dont miss the jewles or the coins

Based on the opinion of Randy (Digger) I recently purchased the 9" 3KHz concentric coil for by X-70. When it arrived a few days ago I tested it in my back yard. Recovered three times (1 Rossie 1965) and a penny in 10 minutes. I then went to a local park and recovered 5 more dimes in 40 min. Now if it ever stops raining..I'm going to give it a real test. So far it matches the praise I have read on this forum. TomB