Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

bell tone on 250

midnight rider

i notice on city lots with iron lots you get a belltone on coin mode with the stock coil which is the same tone as a good target what is your advice for this thanks hal

Just the way of things, really. All my Garretts and Tesoros do the same thing. You can usually tell the big chunks when you pinpoint as there is no small, sweet spot, just a big, sour one!!

Thats true, and usually the cursor dances around, from one end of the scale to the other.
Tesoros love big iron, too but they normally give a sharp cutoff on it.
For your ACE 250, slow down a little while the electronics process the signal and try eliminating the last notch on the scale - sometimes that helps.

Sometimes when I run in the coin mode I will accept the iron segment. This way when you get a rusty iron belltone it will usually give a iron -belltone beep. It's like boing - ringgggggg. ringggggggg - boing. You know what I mean. But - "when in doubt- dig it out"