Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BEES,BEES AND A THIMBLE

• Thread starter calabash digger
  • Start date
C

calabash digger

[attachment 331812 DSCN1062.JPG][attachment 331813 DSCN1063.JPG][attachment 331814 DSCN1064.JPG][attachment 331815 DSCN1065.JPG][attachment 331816 DSCN1066.JPG]My hunting partner has a had rough go of it lately with the bees last week he got into the bald face hornets the ones with the big grey cone nest and they tore him up. Well today we were trying to open up a new site and he got a signal and low and behold there was a yellow jacket nest where the target was he said he saw bees flying out the hole but it was to late by then they blasted him. Both times we had to fish his detector away from the bees with a long stick. BTW I found a thimble and he found 2 buttons. Then we almost got into another nest the one the tree picture. He said the hornets were way worse than the yellow jackets. The hornets also got to keep a 60.00 lesh shovel well at least till the cold weather arrives he marked the spot on his gps. I might get the nest when we go back in the winter.

Were you in a possible Civil War area ? Here's a thimble I dug in a CW camp , a place that has only been used for livestock since being a camp. Maybe a goodie there ! I do know the troops were all given a sewing kit when they enlisted.

Sorry to hear of the bee trouble. Steve in so la

cw%20thimble_zpsn55r4wft.jpg

yes that interesting! its an old homesite and I found a eagle i button , percussion caps , six pound cannon ball , and a fatty indian 1863 i think. we were a 100 yds or so from it when he found the bees ,We are hoping there is some structures away from the main house.

Congrats Calabash on the thimble and buttons found there, but sorry to hear about the yellow jackets and the hornets....they can be unmerciful when attacking those near their nests! My ex was very allergic to them and almost killed him one time when mowing in our back yard....couldn't breathe well for quite some time...offered to take him to hosp but he wouldn't go and recovered slowly! While I lived in South County St. Louis Mo, there was a wall build of railroad ties and they had separated and between the ties, yellow jackets had built their nest, they used to come out and buzz around when I mowed the front lawn but never came after me, but one did get me when I came home from church, one time, and was looking at the brick and concrete under my kitchen window, which was cracking, and because I stood there too long, WHAM, the guard I guess zapped me on my lower right leg but I am not allergic, so was okay though it hurt for a while! The next year they had moved to the end of the wall of ties, and I told them if you are still there by next summer, I will get you.....meaning get rid of them, but they were gone and never came back to be anywhere in the ties after that! Good Luck and God Bless on the CW hunting area! Sounds like it might have more nice finds to dig up without the hornets and yellow jackets! :drool: :angel: Ma

HMMMMM----looks like you might carry bee-netting for the head & face,long sleeves :shrug:

I don't like snakes either, would rather face the bees and hornets nest than a snake, I believe, as I am more scared of crawly things! lol....Ma Betty

Go back at night with hornet spray and fill the hole with it. WTG on the thimble.