Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been thinking about the Tejon lately...

BigErn

I have a Vaq and love it! I dont have a Tejon but all this talk lately about it makes me wonder why I dont have one. Question...with the dual disc, could one only dig targets between foil and tab(MOST gold range)? So set one Disc at FOIL or even right above iron, and the ALT one at tab and if the target breaks up or disappears in the ALT disc, its in that range? Am I thinking about that correctly?

Yes. The dual discriminators work that set up wonderfully.

One thing I don't like about the Tejon is that the ground balance range does not allow it to balance to wet salt. If it could balance to the wet salt part of the beach, it would be more useful at the beach, hunting just like you describe. As it is, it looses depth on a part of the beach where you really need the depth and need to be balanced properly.

Away from the beach though ... a very nice tool.
tvr

Thats SWEET! I've read that complaint many times...Tejon is defiantly not a wet salt kind of machine, however in the dry sand with the CSC and the above method seems like a winning combo for gold seekers

BigErn said:
I have a Vaq and love it! I dont have a Tejon but all this talk lately about it makes me wonder why I dont have one. Question...with the dual disc, could one only dig targets between foil and tab(MOST gold range)? So set one Disc at FOIL or even right above iron, and the ALT one at tab and if the target breaks up or disappears in the ALT disc, its in that range? Am I thinking about that correctly?
I would think so as a lot of searchers use a "coin" program or an "iron" program similarly. For example, setting #1 at foil and #2 at where tabs break up -if it goes silent, it's a nickel; if it breaks up, it's a tab; and if it still sounds, it's a coin-or an object in those ranges.

Sometime you can use the disc. to tune out salt wet sand. It ussually is about the same as small foil. The only thing is you will have to turn the disc knob a hair at a time( up or down) till you find the right spot. If you have minerals on the beach ground balance first then use the disc for wet sand. You may also have to turn your sensitivity down a little but you will not lose much do the wet sand magnifies the signal.Just a thought,Joe

Joe,
Your observations track mine. Little higher discrimination and a little lower sensitivity gets things about as good as I've found over the wet salt.

Most places I've used the Tejon or other detectors that would not ground balance to the wet salt, the best I do is when I ground balance to the nearby dry sand, increase the discrimination, like you say, to low to mid side of foil, and then if needed, turn the sensitivity down a little. If I try to take the ground balance all the way to the end of the adjustment, I usually get falsing that I don't get when I balance to the nearby dry sand.

Down side is that some rings or small jewelry I've found or tested, are in that foil range that I've now discriminated out to handle the salt.

I like a smaller coil better over the wet salt; can get away with a little less discrimination and a bit more sensitivity; but I like the 3.6 x 18 inch clean sweep over the dry.
tvr