Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been really a long winter.....

Was planning on going out for a bit last night to a field near the mine and the slugs had already planted it during my working hours. Jim and I hit it for a short spell a week ago and got three coins from it. An 1850 one penny token in great shape, an 1861 Brussels 20C copper and an IH. This field has been pretty much "passed over" by the regular hunters around here. I love snoopin' thru places that everybody figures are barren. Pulled some of my best finds in fields like that. Besides, I've gotten to the point where any find is a bonus.......any piece of history works for me. :beers:

n/t

in areas that we think are barren,great hunting Hotlips ,great hobby and great forum.thanks to the gang.

n/t

.... I was just off the telephone with Brent,they were on a week hunt in England,the poor fellow died while detecting.

The group was on the fourth day of hunting the fields,they start early and finnish at seven.From what I gather the hunting weather was terrible and with mud added more weight to carry.Well unfortunetly they found him in the field.Brent was hoping maybe broke a leg or so,very sad was young with a family. oj

ps they now require a docters permit to hunt,I'm a couch potato not likely to go,also they leave you in the fields to fend for yourselves until pick-up,people pay for this.Well he went fast loving the hobby.Condolences to the family of this young man.

go for the ribbon every chance you get. I can imagine it is tough in hunting in the rain, especially if it is a clay soil. They pay a lot of money for those hunts and don't miss a chance to hunt. I have thought about it but don't have that kind of money. I have too dang many pots on the burners as it is.

They have the potential to make some great finds though!

Brent was saying that this time of year the weather is awfull,but that the clay is easier to dig now,kind of a gamble.He also said the weather is worse then ours. see you oj